My 109 page Liberty Review is finished !!

lephysteria

I finally had time to read this last night. Very well done! I love that you put pics of the meals in there. I looked at the menus on another website and I didn't have a clue what half those dishes were. Thanks for doing such a wonderful job!

Thank you so much for saying this. I was thinking to myself, "What would I want to see in the review?" and that's when I thought of putting pictures of the meals on the review. I mean, seeing a description is nice, but when you put the picture next to it, and I agree, it adds so much more to it. :)

Great job on the review. It was very informative and captured our experience on board the Liberty as well.

One note, you said a few times in your review that you wished RCCL would stick to the rules (kids in solarium and dress code in dining room) but I noticed you didn't have a problem breaking the rule of diamond/diamond plus only in the concierge lounge. What makes you any different than the others that break the rules? I've seen people ask the concierge if they can bring in "ONE" friend and IMO it puts them on the spot, they want their tip at the end of the trip as does everyone else. I think it's unfair to even ask. Just my thoughts.... Great review, once again.

Great review!!! Just what I needed to get the family in gear!!!

I just kept thinking that I should have had a snack before I started reading. The pictures of the food were making me want to chew through my monitor!!!!

I showed my husband and he was wishing it was time for our cruise!!!

Now, off for a snack....:) and more planning for our cruise!!! :D :D

Great job on the review. It was very informative and captured our experience on board the Liberty as well.

One note, you said a few times in your review that you wished RCCL would stick to the rules (kids in solarium and dress code in dining room) but I noticed you didn't have a problem breaking the rule of diamond/diamond plus only in the concierge lounge. What makes you any different than the others that break the rules? I've seen people ask the concierge if they can bring in "ONE" friend and IMO it puts them on the spot, they want their tip at the end of the trip as does everyone else. I think it's unfair to even ask. Just my thoughts.... Great review, once again.

Hmmmm, I detect your tone is a little harsh .... so I'll put this gently.

Kristina, the consierge, did not have any problem with us bringing the guest with us. Our party had asked her if this was a rule, because I thought it was, but my travelling partner did not. So when there is a great debate, ask the person in charge. When we asked her, we were not putting her on the spot. Perhaps it was the way that we had worded our question, perhaps it was our tone in our voice.

Kristina, again, did not have any issues with us bringing guests into the lounge. She knew what we were doing, and we explained that we were diamond and our guests were not. She mentioned that each consierge has it left to their discretion as to whether or not to allow guests, and she was going to allow it. The lounge on the Liberty was bigger than most diamond lounges, and she welcomed our guests who had turned to diamond on the liberty cruise.

I am sorry if you felt that it was unfair to even ask.

If you have any other issues you'd like me to clear up, I'd be happy to :)

One note, you said a few times in your review that you wished RCCL would stick to the rules (kids in solarium and dress code in dining room) but I noticed you didn't have a problem breaking the rule of diamond/diamond plus only in the concierge lounge. What makes you any different than the others that break the rules? I've seen people ask the concierge if they can bring in "ONE" friend and IMO it puts them on the spot, they want their tip at the end of the trip as does everyone else. I think it's unfair to even ask.

I don't think it's unfair to ask an RCCL employee a question, and then follow the answer they give you. It's their responsibility to not encourage pax to break rules, tip or no tip.

Jen asked the concierge (or maybe the concierge volunteered this in the course of a conversation) if she could bring a guest.

People who break dress code do not ask the head waiter if they can dress inappropriately. If they did, someone like Ajay would set them straight (again, tip or no tip).

Banning kids from the Solarium is not even a question of tips - just doing your job as far as the RCCL employee is concerned.

Just my 2 c.

I don't think it's unfair to ask an RCCL employee a question, and then follow the answer they give you. It's their responsibility to not encourage pax to break rules, tip or no tip.

Jen asked the concierge (or maybe the concierge volunteered this in the course of a conversation) if she could bring a guest.

People who break dress code do not ask the head waiter if they can dress inappropriately. If they did, someone like Ajay would set them straight (again, tip or no tip).

Banning kids from the Solarium is not even a question of tips - just doing your job as far as the RCCL employee is concerned.

Just my 2 c.

OK, BUT... the letter than all the diamond / diamond plus members received specifically states that this is a Diamond / Diamond plus ONLY lounge. The daily cruise compass offers a "suggested" dress code. It also states no shorts or tank tops in the dining room so for that interpretation, jeans would be allowed formal night or not.

For the record, I am diamond plus, I have brought non diamond plus members into the lounge with me. I have a child whom I do not allow in the solarium at any time (unless we are just walking through on the way to the elevators) and I don't wear jeans in the dining room. just saying.

Hmmmm, I detect your tone is a little harsh .... so I'll put this gently.

Kristina, the consierge, did not have any problem with us bringing the guest with us. Our party had asked her if this was a rule, because I thought it was, but my travelling partner did not. So when there is a great debate, ask the person in charge. When we asked her, we were not putting her on the spot. Perhaps it was the way that we had worded our question, perhaps it was our tone in our voice.

Kristina, again, did not have any issues with us bringing guests into the lounge. She knew what we were doing, and we explained that we were diamond and our guests were not. She mentioned that each concierge has it left to their discretion as to whether or not to allow guests, and she was going to allow it. The lounge on the Liberty was bigger than most diamond lounges, and she welcomed our guests who had turned to diamond on the liberty cruise.

I am sorry if you felt that it was unfair to even ask.

If you have any other issues you'd like me to clear up, I'd be happy to :)

Oh, not harsh at all. I just thought it a bit strange that you made note of other rule breakers. I've been to the diamond lounge on the liberty for the maiden voyage. Kristina was not the concierge at that time.

OK, BUT... the letter than all the diamond / diamond plus members received specifically states that this is a Diamond / Diamond plus ONLY lounge. The daily cruise compass offers a "suggested" dress code. It also states no shorts or tank tops in the dining room so for that interpretation, jeans would be allowed formal night or not.

The letter does not prohibit Diamond/+ members from bringing guests. More importantly, if the concierge says that this is upto her discretion, I believe her. It's not my problem if she likes to break or bend rules for tips.

You are right about the dress code. Manners dictate you follow such "suggestions" but technically it's not breaking any rules to wear jeans to formal night.

For the record, I am diamond plus, I have brought non diamond plus members into the lounge with me. I have a child whom I do not allow in the solarium at any time (unless we are just walking through on the way to the elevators) and I don't wear jeans in the dining room. just saying.

It's OK, I never assumed you'd personally behave in this way. No ad hominem context was implied.

You are right about the dress code. Manners dictate you follow such "suggestions" but technically it's not breaking any rules to wear jeans to formal night.

..... and your spouse might be embarassed by your behavior. :D

No ad hominem context was implied.

:confused:

looking up the meaning of ad hominem ..... :D

Great review!!! Just what I needed to get the family in gear!!!

I just kept thinking that I should have had a snack before I started reading. The pictures of the food were making me want to chew through my monitor!!!!

I showed my husband and he was wishing it was time for our cruise!!!

Now, off for a snack....:) and more planning for our cruise!!! :D

Thank you for reading the review. I do hope you enjoyed it. Just make sure you put ketchup on your monitor before chewing into it. ;)

Jen,

Could you email some of your pictures from Labadee, adult whirlpool

in the solarium, prominade and ship pictures?

The ones I took in the prominade were too dark and yours are

awesome! I didnt take enough of the ship and could kick myself!!!!

Rosebud1g@msn.com

Thank you!!!!

Rose

Hi Rose,

I'll get these in the e-mail this afternoon :)

Yours is the most thorough review I have ever seen. An absolutely amazing job. I'd have slapped two pages together and called it done. I even learned some things from it that I did not know.

LOL, I cannot tell you how many times I was tempted to do that .... mainly after about a week of slaving over the hot keyboad! :D

Thanks so much for your comments. I'm glad you enjoyed reading it. I'm curious to know what new information you came upon while reading. :)

Archived