My 109 page Liberty Review is finished !!

lephysteria

Very nice! Loved those sunsets!

They were gorgeous!!! I just loved how the scenery changed as the sun set behind clouds. The sky turned many different colors and the water seemed to sparkle.

It was so beautiful! :)

Read your review a week or so ago and thoroughly enjoyed it and the fabulous pictures. Thanks so much for taking the time to compile and post it! Makes us want to experience the Freedom class of ships and hope that the Liberty finds its' way to Port Canaveral after the Mariner's departure.

I just finished reading your review, and I just want to thank you for sharing all the information and pictures! I am trying to convince DH that we should go on this ship, even though we have been to all of those islands many times. Maybe your pictures will do it!

Kathy

Thanks so much for your comments. I'm glad you enjoyed reading it. I'm curious to know what new information you came upon while reading. :)

I was not aware that there are 3 places the ship may dock in San Juan and that one is not within walking distance of the shopping area.

Very nicely done! Although it probably took you a real long time to put it all together! Hope you and everyone in your party had a blast and another one is soon to come!

Thank you very much! :)

I think the group is looking at the Mariner for Labor Day 2008. If they haven't started a roll call yet, I'd say to expect one any time now ;)

Read your review a week or so ago and thoroughly enjoyed it and the fabulous pictures. Thanks so much for taking the time to compile and post it! Makes us want to experience the Freedom class of ships and hope that the Liberty finds its' way to Port Canaveral after the Mariner's departure.

I've heard many rumors that this is true, but so far they are all just rumors.

I hope you do find yourself on the liberty soon, it is a great ship! ;)

I just finished reading your review, and I just want to thank you for sharing all the information and pictures! I am trying to convince DH that we should go on this ship, even though we have been to all of those islands many times. Maybe your pictures will do it!

Kathy

Hi there :) Thanks for reading the review ;)

I wish you good luck in talking DH into this cruise! I think you two would have a fabulous time!

I was not aware that there are 3 places the ship may dock in San Juan and that one is not within walking distance of the shopping area.

I think the one they are referring to, is across the bay, where the Adventure of the Seas departs from. I didn't know that ships went there to doc for a regular port call, either.

Kathy

Hi :)

I think Kathy's right. I wasn't sure that ships made ports of call stops at the pier where the Adventure docks. I thought that the Adventure dock was for turnaround (embarkation/debarkation) only. It is wayyy out there.

I put that dock information in there because I found it interesting that we didn't have dibbs on any particular dock at that pier location. In essence we could have docked where the Miracle was, or way down to the west, which would have been closer to the fort. :)

Jen:

What a great review complete with pictures, compasses and tons of information...We will be in your cabin 11/11/08 for the CC member cruise and look forward to seeing more of the ship then we did on the 2 nt pre-inaugural this past May...

You may want to think about getting a luggage scale so you will not have to do any last minute repacking at the airport...We got ours from AAA and it was only $6.88...I know that it helped my stess level tremendously:p !

Maybe our paths will cross on the high seas one day...Later, Jill:cool:

Jen:

What a great review complete with pictures, compasses and tons of information...We will be in your cabin 11/11/08 for the CC member cruise and look forward to seeing more of the ship then we did on the 2 nt pre-inaugural this past May...

You may want to think about getting a luggage scale so you will not have to do any last minute repacking at the airport...We got ours from AAA and it was only $6.88...I know that it helped my stess level tremendously!

Maybe our paths will cross on the high seas one day...Later, Jill:cool:

Thanks Jill :)

I think a luggage scale would really help. Until now we've just made DH get on the scale, then get off the scale, pick up the suitcase and then get back on the scale, and take the difference as the weight of the bag. We've been pretty close so far. But I think he's getting a hernia from all the lifting! :D

If you find our masking tape, do let me know, k? LOL

That'd be cool if we could sail together. One day, ...... one day :)

Jen, after your wonderful review, how are any of us ever going to be able to write a review that's worth reading?! We're not worthy! We're not worthy!:D

Our BonTon sells luggage that has a built-in scale in each piece. It gives you a digital reading. I didn't buy it, but it was pretty cool.

Jen, after your wonderful review, how are any of us ever going to be able to write a review that's worth reading?! We're not worthy! We're not worthy! :D

Our BonTon sells luggage that has a built-in scale in each piece. It gives you a digital reading. I didn't buy it, but it was pretty cool.

Hi there!

I enjoyed reading your Voyager review too. You gave a lot of great information in there.

I LOVE THE KNUDSEN BROTHERS!

omg, I went to their website and bought their CD! They are amazing! We saw them on the Explorer in 2001. They were incredible! Amazing!

Thanks so much for the kind words on my review. I'm glad you enjoyed reading it.

I'll look at your luggage suggestion with the built in scales. That's an awesome idea! Although I think Naren will want this more than I will :rolleyes:

What an amazing cruise review, I just spent the last 30+ minutes reading it and felt like I was on the cruise with you! My Liberty trip is about a month away and I'm more excited than ever :)

Couldn't agree with you more on misbehaved children, it can certainly detract from the cruise.

Also, very interesting to learn the partitions open on the balconies.

Thanks again!!!

Totally impressed with the review, pic's were fantastic, you guy's cruise like we do!

Our best friends just got off the ship this past Saturday, they loved it.

We sailed Freedom (12th voyage), looking forward to going on her sister!

On your next cruise go for a 200 page review, there are no good books out these days to read, and I would love to read another of your reviews!:p:D:p

Happy Cruising :D

WOW!!! I'm exhausted! That was the best review ever.

We are sailing on the Liberty [two of them actually] Very soon. You have answered all the questions. Thanks so much for all the effort you put in.:)

Thank you so much for reading the review :)

You get to go on two liberty cruises? (albeit one of them is Carnival ... but still ... TWO CRUISES!!! )

How awesome is that! Do let us know what you think the similarities and differences are ~ both good and bad ~ between the two cruises. I'd be very interested to know your thoughts. :)

What an amazing cruise review, I just spent the last 30+ minutes reading it and felt like I was on the cruise with you! My Liberty trip is about a month away and I'm more excited than ever :)

Couldn't agree with you more on misbehaved children, it can certainly detract from the cruise.

Also, very interesting to learn the partitions open on the balconies.

Thanks again!!!

Thanks so much for reading the review! I hope you have a great balcony sail away party! The partitions opening was the highlight of the cruise! ;)

Thanks so much for reading the review! I hope you have a great balcony sail away party! The partitions opening was the highlight of the cruise! ;)

I loved your review! We are going on the Liberty of the Seas next month with friends in several adjoining cabins, and I have a question regarding the balcony partitions. Once the crew has unlocked them, can you easily close and open them yourself? I was thinking we might want to hang out with our friends some of the time, but my husband and I might also like some private time.:p

Hi there, thank you for reading the review :)

I'm not sure that the partitions are very easy to open and shut. Basically when the partition is opened, it is difficult to close them. They're locked into place and that's what makes it tedious. You have to get the key from the room steward.

But you can have private time in your cabin. The balcony/cabin doors lock from the inside of the cabin. You can lock your door, and basically lock someone out on the balcony. Once out on the balcony, you can't open the door. You have to bang on someone else's cabin balcony to get in again! :D

Totally impressed with the review, pic's were fantastic, you guy's cruise like we do!

Our best friends just got off the ship this past Saturday, they loved it.

We sailed Freedom (12th voyage), looking forward to going on her sister!

On your next cruise go for a 200 page review, there are no good books out these days to read, and I would love to read another of your reviews!:p:D:p

Happy Cruising :D

Thanks so much for reading the review. Our Med cruise review is quite long as well, you are more than welcome to read that ;)

We're doing the Carnival Spirit in the spring. I'll try and make the cruise review as long as possible :D

Archived