My 109 page Liberty Review is finished !!

lephysteria

Can you hear the applause?? :)

Your review was amazing. That was a lot of work, girl!

Your personality brightly shines through your description of each day. I loved it all....but MY favorite part was reading about (and seeing) your SKINNY dress! And you did look great in it. OMG. I do the same thing. It was a life-affirming moment for me. Thanks.

Hi, Jen

Awsome review. Enjoyed every page and every picture. Could you explain the bar hopping - drawing cards thing? I couldn't figure out what the process was. Sounded like a fun thing to do. May want to try it on our next cruise.

Hi, Jen

Awsome review. Enjoyed every page and every picture. Could you explain the bar hopping - drawing cards thing? I couldn't figure out what the process was. Sounded like a fun thing to do. May want to try it on our next cruise.

Hi there, and thanks for reading the review :)

We took 5 decks of cards with us and went to the first bar.

Roy took out deck 1, and we all gathered around the table as he spread out the deck of cards. We got drinks and then drew a card. He signed the card and each person signed their card as well. So at the end of the first bar each person is holding one card, with two signatures on it.

Then we all went to the next bar. We got drinks and Roy spread deck2 cards out on a table. I took a card and signed the back, and Roy also signed the back of that card. And then each person playing also took a card, and signed their card, and Roy signed that card as well.

Then we went to bar3. And Roy took out deck3 and we all took cards.

And the same with bar 4 and bar 5.

Each bar gets a new deck of cards. At the 5th bar when you have in your hand 5 cards, and each card has two signatures on it, you look at your 5 cards and try and make something poker-esque out of it.

The person with the best 5 card poker hand wins!

I had an almost straight to the Ace.

Naren had high card, a few people had a pair of something, and Lorrie had three of a kind ;)

It was a great time and it was fun to get drinks in each bar and get to meet the bartenders. I hope you guys have a great cruise :)

Jen your review was fantastic. When I first saw 109 pages I thought well I will just look at the pics. Nope that didn't work, read every page!! It was fantastic!!

Congrats on the skinny dress!! I know how that feels.

I think I will go find another one of your reviews!!

Hello fellow cruisers :)

My cruise review from the 9-1-2007 Liberty of the Seas sailing is finally finished! I've compiled 109 pages of our wild, crazy, and fun misadventures.

http://www.jenscruisereviews.com/Liberty_Review_final1.pdf

Oh yeah and there's video too! :eek:

(that might take a minute to begin playing, and you need to be connected to the internet for that to download onto your PC) :cool:

Do let me know if you have any questions!

Wow,

You made so much effort with this. It was a great read. I really felt like I was there. I made my DH read along with me. You Maniac/Luni's are a fun bunch...hope to meet you guys during future travels. It was nice to see that you all took part in many of the activities. Wonderful group pic in the Hawaiin outfits. That was my favorite. Great Reporting!!! Thanks.

Wow. I just wanted to say that I read your review this week and wanted to say "Thanks" for putting in such an effort to share your experience with us. My girlfriend also enjoyed your review so much that we decided on Wednesday during the one day sale we are going to book a cruise on the Liberty. This will be a first for us to sail on such a large ship!

Thanks.

Jamie

What a great review, very detailed. Thank you for posting this.

From your siggy, it appears you've sailed the Mariner. How does Liberty compare and which do you prefer?

I actually prefer the Mariner, but it is really only because of the fact that the Mariner is smaller. There were just soooo many people on our cruise, and I never got the feeling that the Mariner was crowded.

I had a better time on the Liberty though, but I prefered the Mariner itinerary because we went to St. Thomas, and from there I could go to Trunk Bay St. John.

I liked the Liberty crew and cruise director much better than the Mariner, the food, I believe was the same on both cruises (fantastic). We had the same cabin type on both cruises, but I liked my Mariner cabin attendant better :)

Great review! Dh and I were on her in July....it was like reliving our cruise. I have to agree about too many unsupervised kids...running up and down the hallways at 2AM. Didn't their parents notice they weren't in their cabins :confused:

Hi there, and thank you for reading the review. :)

I think the parents were off having a good time and didn't really notice that their kids were doing stuff they weren't supposed to be doing ;)

I'd told RCI about this, and they read this review too, and replied that

It is disappointing to learn of the unruly behavior of some of the children onboard the ship and we sincerely apologize. Although we instruct our security and staff members to do everything possible to resolve disruptive situations, ultimately, we are unable to have an effective influence on the young guests without the support of their parents and chaperones. We regret that they were not considerate and the disturbing behavior persisted.

Thanks for effort to put together this review - especially the pictures! You will be able to look back at this years later and relive the experience again and again.

You (along with Radio) set a high bar for the rest of us!

BRL

Hi there! :)

Thank you for reading the review. I am glad that you enjoyed it, as it was really fun to put together. Feel free to look back on the pictures whenever you feel like you need a cruise with us ;)

Can you hear the applause?? :)

Your review was amazing. That was a lot of work, girl!

Your personality brightly shines through your description of each day. I loved it all....but MY favorite part was reading about (and seeing) your SKINNY dress! And you did look great in it. OMG. I do the same thing. It was a life-affirming moment for me. Thanks.

Thank you, thank you, thank you .... I loved my skinny dress! Its still getting bigger on me, which is a great thing! ;)

So what's the story of your skinny dress? :)

Thanks for the response to my question about the Mariner.

I remember reading your posts back when you got married. When I read your review it didn't dawn on me until I remember your hubby's name that you were the same person. You look like a different person! Lookin good and I love the skinny dress :D

Marriage and cruising seem to agree with you!

Thanks for the response to my question about the Mariner.

I remember reading your posts back when you got married. When I read your review it didn't dawn on me until I remember your hubby's name that you were the same person. You look like a different person! Lookin good and I love the skinny dress :D

Marriage and cruising seem to agree with you!

Awwwwwwww that is soooo nice! Thank you so much :)

Yeah Naren and I have been all over it seems. I was actually going to write a review about our Maui trip .... but for the life of me I can't remember some of the fantastic restaurants we visited while on the island. Oh maybe next time. ;)

I might look like a different person because I'm 30 lbs thinner now than when we married ... but I'm also blonde (which was hubby's idea ... ha ha ha)

Marriage and cruising do agree with me, but I believe it was because I didn't marry someone I could live with - I married someone I couldn't live without ;)

I am having a ball looking at this, getting hungry looking at the menus.

I just have to say... LOVE THE 'SKINNY' DRESS! You look adorable in it! :) I have a basement full of skinny dresses from my honeymoon in Maui, oh how I would love to wear them Nov 29, 2008!

Thank you very much! Yes, you cannot look at the review when you're hungry! I am certain of that.

I believe that if you want something bad enough, nothing will be able to stop you from getting there. And for me, hostess is a food group!

It took some getting used to, but if hubby can quit smoking after 10 years, I can cut junk food out too ;)

When I reached the last page, I felt the same way I do on the last night of a cruise: Noooo! It can't be over! Not so soon!

Thanks for a great writeup.

Thank you so much :) That was very nice.

If you can stand to wait, we've got a Carnival Spirit review coming up in February ;)

That should be awesome! :D

Jen your review was fantastic. When I first saw 109 pages I thought well I will just look at the pics. Nope that didn't work, read every page!! It was fantastic!!

Congrats on the skinny dress!! I know how that feels.

I think I will go find another one of your reviews!!

Hi there! Thank you for reading the review. I hope you enjoyed our other trip reports as well :)

Thanks for the support, the skinny dress is even bigger now ;)

Wow,

You made so much effort with this. It was a great read. I really felt like I was there. I made my DH read along with me. You Maniac/Luni's are a fun bunch...hope to meet you guys during future travels. It was nice to see that you all took part in many of the activities. Wonderful group pic in the Hawaiin outfits. That was my favorite. Great Reporting!!! Thanks.

Thank you for that. I'm glad you enjoyed reading it. The hawaiian pic was a great idea, and I give all the credit to Pat :)

She did such a great job of planning our activities ;)

Thank you very much! :)

I think the group is looking at the Mariner for Labor Day 2008. If they haven't started a roll call yet, I'd say to expect one any time now ;)

:) We're waiting on the thread to see who else books! I have to mail in my certificate (not before) 30 days of sailing so its not set it in stone but we're planning this trip already. Just the 2 of Us! that would be so great to see you all. I WAS too busy watching my kids to hang out with the LUNIS !! :) and I guess the first seating worked out for us afterall because it was quite calm even though it further seperated our activities from yours. AND how lame am I that I didn't get a photo of Mark passed out on our cabin floor using his pub crawl shirt that he wrapped up into a little square as a pillow! AND my middle son Michael who spent all of his time in KIDS CLUB came home with tons of cool prizes key chains, stuffed toys, medals, shirts and he said that Ken came and visited them a bunch HOW COOL IS THAT! football is over for them this weekend and I'll attach my photos soon. See you soon Love PIZZAMOM!

:D I stayed up last night looking at your Web Shots! They were amazing and I just finished your review! I haven't seen anything that compares to it. I'm going to bed now! How did Naren like Guavaberry? We are down 3 out of 7 bottles. We also broke out some Absinthe the other night that we got in St Maarteen....everyone should try it once! or twice... its great for parties. and you are right about the liquor checkin. but we're not big on ship drinkers anyways.

Hi Marcia! :)

Thank you for reading the review :D

We liked the guavaberry and we're glad we got some. We loved the Rum Jumbie and I was very tempted to bring every bottle she had in her shack home with me!

I think you should keep an eye on Pat's signature, becuase I am pretty sure her and Tara will book Part3 when they are onboard the Soverign in November (wow that's next month!).

It was so great to meet you and Mark! I hope you guys have a great time! Book part 3 now and we'll catch up later, when we're given the all-clear to book :)

What a great review! I am so impressed - it brought back memories of our cruise last Sept on the Freedom. We had the same cabins you did - 7334-36-38 and the triple balcony cocktail hours were the best! Morning coffee, sailaway champagne and chocolate covered strawberries - I ordered a romance package for us. We will be on the Liberty next Sept - had to book D1 cabins this time- bringing the kids. The food looked incredible. Thanks for doing such an amazing job recording all the little details!

Archived