My 109 page Liberty Review is finished !!

lephysteria

Thank you it was a great review, very very informative and entertaining. May i ask one question. You visited the conceige lounge and mentioned a few times that your friends joined you there. We are travelling with friends who are gold members, we are diamond, will we be allowed to invite them to join us in the conceige lounge?

Thank you it was a great review, very very informative and entertaining. May i ask one question. You visited the conceige lounge and mentioned a few times that your friends joined you there. We are travelling with friends who are gold members, we are diamond, will we be allowed to invite them to join us in the conceige lounge?

Thank you very much for reading the review. Another poster had mentioned something about this a few pages back, but I'll summarize that conversation here for you.

It depends on each conceirge whether or not your non-diamond members would be allowed to join you. When you embark, you will find a letter in your stateroom from the conceirg, telling about the conceirge services available to you. On our first night up there, the three of us, all diamond members entered the lounge and met Kristina, our conceirge. She told us about the wonderful ways she could help us and we asked her if she could help settle the debate we'd had within our group. I didn't think you could take non-diamonds into the lounge while others in our group did think this. So we asked Kristina. She said that:

"It is up to each conceirge whether or not non-diamond members will be allowed to partake in the lounge. While I understand that rule, since this lounge is bigger than most lounges on other ships, I will allow you to bring one non-diamond member for every diamond member who attends."

And since we obtained permission first, then we went out to get Joe and he joined us for drinks and appetizers.

:)

Hope this helps!

Thank you so much for the information, it sounds fair to me. We will take a leave out of your book and wait and see what the conceirge says. We are going to spend the weekend with our cruising friends tomorrow so it is great to have this information to share with them. They are conservative folks who would not want to impose or take advantage. Our cruise is quite a long way away but if will remember to let you know what happens. Have a great weekend.

Just wanted to be clear-- you said luggage on spinning around waiting for you--did you mean after you got off ship customs area, or actually at airport?

We are planning on doing the luggage assist, but disembark in San Juan so it likely will be different.

Awesome review. Loved the food pics. Thanks for taking the time.

I think that I commented on this review before. But I came back to read it in more detail since we are taking the Mariner on the Eastern Car. I am a parent of 2 and I feel your pain of undisciplined kids. If I were you, I would have yelled at the parents! In know enough curse words in Spanish for them to get the picture!! The DW and I have repeatedly gotten comments from complete strangers about how well behaved our kids are. It comes from a little "tough love" aka spanking every once in a while. My Dad used to call it an attitude adjustment.

I do want to say that this is by far the best review I have ever seen. You guys look like you had an unbelieveable time.

Just wanted to be clear-- you said luggage on spinning around waiting for you--did you mean after you got off ship customs area, or actually at airport?

We are planning on doing the luggage assist, but disembark in San Juan so it likely will be different.

Awesome review. Loved the food pics. Thanks for taking the time.

Hi there, thanks for reading the review.

I apologize, I meant that the luggage would be travelling on the carousel in the port, next to the ship in the customs area, just going around and around and all the while increasing the chance of someone else making off with our bag! :eek:

I think that the luggage assist is a great idea, but unfortunately the purser's desk said that since there were so many people with us on the Liberty, they don't quite have it available for the Liberty yet. But I do remember something like that in San Juan when we sailed the Adventure (or perhaps it was just an airline check in right at the disembarkation pier - even before you get to the airport).

I hope the pictures didn't make you too hungry :o

Thanks again for taking a look at the review :)

I think that I commented on this review before. But I came back to read it in more detail since we are taking the Mariner on the Eastern Car. I am a parent of 2 and I feel your pain of undisciplined kids. If I were you, I would have yelled at the parents! In know enough curse words in Spanish for them to get the picture!! The DW and I have repeatedly gotten comments from complete strangers about how well behaved our kids are. It comes from a little "tough love" aka spanking every once in a while. My Dad used to call it an attitude adjustment.

I do want to say that this is by far the best review I have ever seen. You guys look like you had an unbelieveable time.

Hi there,

I couldn't find your earlier post, so I say Welcome :)

Thanks for your support on the unruly kid situation. I really want to actually thank the parents of these kids. I learned so many valuable parenting lessons that week. They taught me exactly what I do NOT want my kid to end up like!

Perhaps I should thank them for showing me how I need to parent when the time comes ;)

But then again I realize that if I were to go off on the parents (and I do know enough Spanish to tell them what I'm feeling), then I'd end up looking like a jacka$$ !! :eek:

I do enough of that behavior after 8 lemon drop martinis in the conceirge lounge :p

We did have a great time. I do believe that part 3 will be just as much fun!

What a great review! I am so impressed - it brought back memories of our cruise last Sept on the Freedom. We had the same cabins you did - 7334-36-38 and the triple balcony cocktail hours were the best! Morning coffee, sailaway champagne and chocolate covered strawberries - I ordered a romance package for us. We will be on the Liberty next Sept - had to book D1 cabins this time- bringing the kids. The food looked incredible. Thanks for doing such an amazing job recording all the little details!

Thanks for reading the review. :)

We really enjoyed our cabin location too. Would you recommend the romance package again?

I'm glad you had a great cruise :D

Thanks for such a great review of the ship. The photos were wonderful. After much thought and discussion about whether to stay with a 4 day, do a B2B, etc; we decided to change our cruise from Majesty to Liberty!!

Good choice! I went on Majesty in Feb, and Liberty in Sept. No contest! Liberty was fantastic, but I tend to get bored easily, so Liberty was perfect for me since there was so much to do. Majesty was okay for the 3 days, but Liberty was great for 7 days, and would have been even better for 14!!

Thanks for such a great review of the ship. The photos were wonderful. After much thought and discussion about whether to stay with a 4 day, do a B2B, etc; we decided to change our cruise from Majesty to Liberty!!

Thanks again!! :D

Thank you for reading the review. I hope that you have a great cruise on the Liberty. I've not been on the Majesty, but know that we had a great time, so I'm sure you will too! Let us know how your cruise goes when you return!

:)

109, sorry did she say 109 pages. On a review? OK guys wish me luck I'm going in. I may be some time!!!!:confused:

Um ... should I tell him? The review USED to be 109 pages. I think you'll need more time than you think!:D ;)

Yes, the romance package was wonderful- bathrobes, champagne, cheese and fruit in the room, I ordered the strawberries extra and a couple bottles of wine. It was perfect!

That sounds wonderful! Did you get your choice of the wine or champagne? I can just imagine having some champagne with DH on the balcony. It sounds wonderful!

Oh that's a good idea :)

I'm glad you were able to choose your champagne. Most of the basic champagnes that come bundled in packages aren't very good. They're very dry. We had one at a restaurant a while ago that was amazing, but I'm not able to find it on the net. We might just have to go back to our local restaurant here :)

109, sorry did she say 109 pages. On a review? OK guys wish me luck I'm going in. I may be some time!!!!:confused:

Um ... should I tell him? The review USED to be 109 pages. I think you'll need more time than you think!:D ;)

:D

Just checking to see if you made it through ok :)

Jen

Wow.. glad to see this thread is still thriving!

I have been off line for a week.

Thanks again for the pics! Do you have

any of Portofino and the Ice Rink?

I miss the ship already, I am going

thru withdrawl! I can't wait until next summer-

seems so far away.

Jen

Wow.. glad to see this thread is still thriving!

I have been off line for a week.

Thanks again for the pics! Do you have

any of Portofino and the Ice Rink?

I miss the ship already, I am going

thru withdrawl! I can't wait until next summer-

seems so far away.

Hi Rose

I'll send these pics to you tomorrow :)

I've been watching fire coverage for the last week, so I haven't been posting much. Just lemme know if you need any other pics :)

Archived