Parking at Houston Port

mt4463

Hi! My husband, teen-age son and I will be boarding Norwegian Sea on September 25. We live in San Antonio and are debating wether we should drive the night before or simply drive the day of the cruise. Does anyone know how much does it cost to park on the port (one week)? I believe some motels offer free parking, so we have to compare hotel cost vs. park at the port. Any information you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks!

http://www.portofhouston.com/cruiseinfo/cruiseterminal.html

This link has all the information on parking. You will probably save money by spending the night in LaPorte and getting the free parking for the week. We stayed at the LaQuinta for under $50 a night, and included a nice breakfast in the morning. We got a cab in the morning to the port and it wasn't very expensive at all. I read some where on the boards here that one of the hotels has a free shuttle.

mt4463 -

We will be sailing with you! My husband, teenage daughter, sister, brother in law, and myself. Glad to see there will be at least one other teenager on board. We just reserved a room at Comfort Suites, which I believe is 3 miles from the port for the night before.

Pmfan,

Are you driving or flying to Houston? If you're driving, are you leaving your car at hotel or parking at port? My husband is not wild about leaving our car parked one week at the hotel, for security reasons.

Has anyone had a problem leaving their car parked at a hotel for one week?

There is no problem parking at the port of Houston. Just drop off your bags at the dock, then drive to the parking lot right next to the lot and it is an easy walk back. 7 dollars per day. It is uncovered and you know how hot the sun gets in this part of the country, but it is no different than most other places in town.

mt4463

We plan on parking at the port. Not sure if Comfort Suites allows parking for the week on their lot or not. $49.00 for the week to park at the port is a resonable rate. Better that any other I have parked at.

Parking at the port is $49 cash in advance. Just a tip, if you also use the express debarkation you can be off the ship and in your car on the way home by 9a.m.'ish. We were out of the lot at 9:15 on our way back to Arkansas. Happy sailing.

We stayed at the Comfort Suites in May. I left my car at the hotel for the week. They let you park it out from the front door. There were 5 of us who left our cars there. We had no problems. The people at the hotel said they couldn't garauntee(sp?) nothing would happen, but they would try to keep an eye on them.

Also, there is a limosine company that comes by Saturday morning. They charge $5 p/p. They take your name and meet you after the cruise.

I wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

Have a wonderful cruise. My DW and I have taken that cruise twice. The crew is great.

By going a day ahead, you can take care of any problems that come up.

Like:

If you forget something, you got time to go buy another one.

You could have car problems.

It could rain cats and dogs and slow you down (Happened to me)

You could get di-re-ah and have to stop at every exit.

Archived