Has anyone used Moby Dick tours?

ddeprez

No first-hand experience yet but I've always read good things about them, we have them booked for our Dec cruise. I had them booked about 3 years ago but GC was canceled due to rough seas so we're looking forward to another chance to use them.

My husband and I just used them last week to go to Stingray City and snorkeling. They are fantastic! They were at the pier at the time they said they would be, we boarded a van to go to the boat, got on the boat with about 15 others, and off to Stingray City. On the way they gave us tons of info about the stingrays and info about Grand Cayman, plus the guides were super cute and really nice! Both the guides got into the water and we had a great time with the rays. Stayed maybe 45 minutes, I really dont know, but enough time to really have fun and interact with the rays. Then went to a different spot to snorkel, and again both guides got into the water and assisted anyone who wanted help. There maybe 45 minutes, again, plenty of time to snorkel and there was some awesome coral and lots of fish. Got back in the boat and back to the pier, got back on the bus, and back to the cruise ship pier with tons of time to spare. Moby Dick was awesome and I highly recommend them. Any more questions, just ask!

Renee

thanks for the replys! I've been there twice before, once with a cruise line excursion (yuck!) and once with Captian Marvins. Captains Marvin's did a great job, but I'm trying to book for a large extended family group, and Moby Dick seems to be the only operator that doesn't require a deposit. I'm not comfortable being responsible for 20+ people on my credit card!!

We'll be there Oct. 24- hope you all have a great time on your cruises!!!

Renee, I was so happy to read your post and that you loved Moby Dick. Can't wait for Oct 31 to be here! I do have one question for you and really not related to the tour. But I was wondering if you took towels from the ship with you. It's been 5 years since I've cruised and I couldn't remember if they gave you towels when you got off the ship, or if you take the ones in your cabin. Thanks!

There will be large blue Carnival logo towels in your stateroom to use at the beach. Just leave them on the floor of the bathroom after you are done with them each day you use them and the cabin steward will give you fresh ones if you need them, each day when we brought them ashore they were full of sand when we went back to the ship so we got fresh ones each day.

Enjoy your time with the Moby Dick crew...they were awesome!

Renee

I have them booked for our Oct 28 cruise on the Westerdam. They have been super nice responding to my e-mails. I'll let you know how it was after I get back.

I am coming in on the Norweigian Pearl leaving Miami Oct 28th also. We will be with Moby Dick on the 31st so see ya there :) Went with him last year and it was the best!!:p

We have used Moby Dick Tours twice now. They were great. Mark and his crew are awesome. Both times I booked with them there was no deposit and there was a discount to book on line. So we paid $30 when we arrived instead of $35. I highly recommend Moby Dick Tours.

We used them on 9/27/07. Very nice tour. When we first got to the sandbar it was very crowded with other tours so they took us to snorkle first, when it cleard out we then went to the sandbar.

I would recomend using them, I will if I return. Plus....they are cheaper, and you get a longer experince.

Archived