Question about formal nights, etc

gamommyof3

Hey everyone - my family is going on our first cruise on Liberty the week of Thanksgiving - I'm just wondering how do we find out how many formal nights, special activities, etc. When do we sign up for dinner times? Is it once we board?

Thanks!

• Administrators
Hey everyone - my family is going on our first cruise on Liberty the week of Thanksgiving - I'm just wondering how do we find out how many formal nights, special activities, etc. When do we sign up for dinner times? Is it once we board?

Thanks!

Which Liberty? Liberty of the Seas or Carnival Liberty? For either one, you will find lots of information on them in the cruiseline boards here at CC. As for signing up for dinner times, that should have been part of your registration process (selecting early or late seating), either through the cruiseline or through your TA. If you used a TA you might want to check with them to see what seating they requested. Have a wonderful cruise!

Assuming you mean Carnival Liberty, your booking agent should have asked you your preference for dinner assignment. Get back w/her and request what would be your choice. Just bear in mind that nothing is assured - your request is only that - a request. No one (except Platinum members) know for sure what assignment they have until just prior to boarding the ship...when you receive your Sail & Sign card at checkin.

All Carnival ships except Destiny have the first formal night on your second night on board the ship. For cruises six nights or longer, there will be two formal nights, the second near the end of the cruise.

When you first arrive in your cabin, there will be a copy of the ship's newsletter "Capers", and it will outline all activities each day.

Enjoy...!:)

I think they are on RCI Liberty, accoding to another of the OPs posts.

But the information is the same, wherever you booked, you probably selected a dining time. Contact your TA, or if you booked directly with RCI, you can call them to check your dining time. Tables are assigned and you will find out where you will be seated the first night. We used to go check our seating, but now we just wait and be surprised.

If your family is booked in more than one cabin, check the key cards to make sure you are seated at the same table. If there is a problem, you can get it fixed, but that will mean waiting in a possible line, so check early!

On a 7 night cruise there are 2 formal nights. As far as special activities, you will have a newsletter delivered every evening that lists the next days events. The first one will be waiting for you when you get to your cabins, do read over them thoroughly so you don't miss anything :)

Archived