Warning, please read. Belize Duty Free Shop on the Pier

lives to cruise

Thanks for the information but I just sent an email to both the listed addresses and both got returned stating that the email addys were undeliverable. Oh well, just another little warning to not purchase from this company.

You´re very welcome.....sounds very suspicious....as you say ONE to avoid!!!

Thanks for the heads up in Belize. We will be there in December. As for Native Way, we have used them before and I currently have a reservation in December. We have given Sharon our CC # both times. I use a CC with a lower limit that we use for vacation only but we have had no problems. You will love your excursion!! Can't wait to go back.

Pat

I also concur about Nativeway. There was not enough room on the bus to the dock. Sharon pulled us and another couple and personally gave us a ride to the dock in her own vehicle. She is originally from New York and her husband from Grand Cayman.

Dave

I would have thought debit cards were safer than credit cards. Forging a signature is easier that knowing your PIN.

I admit I am confused about that.

I do prefer using cash, US cash anyway.

You have more protection with credit cards if an unknown charge were to appear. Plus a credit card wont wipe out your bank account.

Dave

Depending on you bank, if the charges actually come out of your account, it can take up to 30 days to get them back and it is very hard to investigate international fraud.

Your bank is behind the industry.. Typically a provisional credit is issued real time or within 24 hours to offset the fraud claims.

Thanks for the heads up in Belize. We will be there in December. As for Native Way, we have used them before and I currently have a reservation in December. We have given Sharon our CC # both times. I use a CC with a lower limit that we use for vacation only but we have had no problems. You will love your excursion!! Can't wait to go back.

Pat

That was my suggestion too. See if your bank will set you up with a credit card with a low limit that you use just for travel. My dad has one with a limit of $300 that he uses for online purchases only - leaves his real ones safe from hacking. (Of course, it's just as easy to be skimmed in a local restaurant, but if it makes him feel safer...)

Your bank is behind the industry.. Typically a provisional credit is issued real time or within 24 hours to offset the fraud claims.

But the issue is "typically" and not always. I'd rather be protected with the credit card. I've seen cases where it took much longer to get that provisional credit. And my bank is one of the 3 biggest in the country so not so sure we are that far behind the times.

Archived