Tell me about Norwegian Dream

Patgo28

I've sailed on both the Dream and the Majesty in recent years.

NCL is always in the process of repainting and repairing older ships, and both are approximately the same age. The Oceanview are larger on the Dream than the Majesty, and the Dream actually has some balcony cabins. If you don't need a balcony cabin, check out the Dream's CC Superior Oceanviews, as they are really nice.

Many facilities on the Dream are nicer than on the Majesty. I found the crew to be great on both ships, knowing their ship isn't up to par with newer ships, the crew actually provided better service, imho.

If you decide to sail on the Dream next summer from Boston, which I don't believe RCI will, you'll have as great a cruise as you would have had on the Majesty.

The really only part of the Majesty that outshone the Dream significantly was the buffet. The Majesty had two easily seen buffet lines, port and starboard. So does the Dream, but there's only one line out the entry door. My suggestion, if you don't mind other passengers staring at you, is to go ahead and enter the Sports Bar (Buffet) and get into the other, much shorter, line that heads aft vs forward. If you can't find a table, and there will be a good chance you can't, take you plates down to the restaurant below, just not as convient a staircase as on the Majesty.

Have a great cruise. The Dream will get you to Bermuda in style.

Thank you for you honest replies. I did not realize that the Dream was a smaller ship. I am thinking this over. I visited the Majesty once and was not thrilled with it. I guess I am used to the bigger Royal Carib. ships. Our last cruise was on The Freedom of the Seas. I guess I will have to think about this one.

RCI has cruise 21 ships in service today - in total.

Only 6 ships are over 130,000 tons, Voyager or larger classes, a mere 30% of the total.

Not even RCI sails ALL huge ships. 70% of their ships are older, smaller ships too.

This winter, RCI adds another huge ship, and retires and older, smaller ship.

When both occur, only 7 out of 21 ships will be new, huge ships, a mere 33%.

Are you suggesting you can't have fun on an older, smaller RCI ship?:mad:

Archived