Flip Flop Question

C-U-ONBOARD

Ok now don't flame me I am asking for another person we are cruising with....

But in the dining room on NON formal nights...will they allow gals to wear flip flops?

A gal we are sailing with packed some really cute sundresses, but wants to wear them with flip flops and I wasn't sure if she'd have trouble doing so or not...

It is a 4 night cruise out of San Diego, so we are a bit more casual here but I wasn't sure.....

Your thoughts are appreciated....Thanks in advance....

Ok now don't flame me I am asking for another person we are cruising with....

But in the dining room on NON formal nights...will they allow gals to wear flip flops?

A gal we are sailing with packed some really cute sundresses, but wants to wear them with flip flops and I wasn't sure if she'd have trouble doing so or not...

It is a 4 night cruise out of San Diego, so we are a bit more casual here but I wasn't sure.....

Your thoughts are appreciated....Thanks in advance....

As far as I know, there is no "law" as to what kind of shoes one has to wear, as long as one wears something. Some women have a problem with the high heels, and they are probably bad for ones fee, and do wear sandals. I guess if young girls can go to the White House in flip flops, they can go to a Carnival dinning room :eek:

If they are the Beach type flip flops then forget it, its not because its beach wear, but more of a safety issue. I have seen many people slip and slide and land on their backs while walking with those rubbery types on marble floors and even up on Lido deck.

Fred

All "flip-flops" are not created equal. So that is a loaded question. But hey she could always hotglue on some sparkles I guess....hmmm

As for another post about slippery floors.....aren't heels a lot more slippery than any flip flops? I hadn't even given that any thought. I guess I will need to go to the fashion boards and ask what women wear to be safe, comfortable, and stylish. I am NOT wearing watershoes with my cocktail dress lol!

No, Heels have some type of traction while flip flops are generally flat underneath causing suction and slippage.

Fred

LOL , exactly what kind of heels have you been wearing lately Fred??:D

My heels have no traction.. now my flip-flops don't make me flip flop on any floor...lol

To the OP - flip-flops are fine. I, along with hundreds of other people, wear them into the dining room on cruises.

You just cannot wear shorts to dinner, and even then I've seen plenty of people do it.

No, Heels have some type of traction while flip flops are generally flat underneath causing suction and slippage.

Fred

Hey Fred, do you wear those heels only on formal night LOL ;)

Actually high heels slipping are not a problem, I have been wearing them for 50 years and I have never slipped and I have had both my knees replaced, it is the fact that your feet hurt and all you want to do is take them off.

come on people FLIP FLOPS to a formal dining room....I personally dont want to see your feet!while im eating my dinner. Although it is casual dining it dosen't mean ultra casual try to keep it classy...

Even if I have pretty little toes wrapped in straps and wearing 4 inch heels.:eek: You will see more of my feet in my heels then you would in flip flops....they will just be packaged prettier.

come on people FLIP FLOPS to a formal dining room....I personally dont want to see your feet!while im eating my dinner. Although it is casual dining it dosen't mean ultra casual try to keep it classy...

And just where do you think my feet will be when you are eating you dinner, on the table?

Oh, Woodey, you know those feet will be under the dining room table and you won't have to see them during your dinner. Besides, some very classy, strappy sandals will show just as much of her feet as flip flops. :)

What should I pack?

spacer.gifThe first thing to remember is that you're on vacation and you are aboard one of our "Fun Ships" to have a good time. The second thing to remember is to travel light. If you keep those two things in mind, you should do just fine.

Casual attire and resort wear is the order of the day both on board and in port. Shorts, slacks, sundresses, blouses, etc., are in line for women. Clothing for men is just as casual. You should bring a pair of rubber-soled sandals or sneakers to wear on deck and a pair of good walking shoes. Flip Flops are not allowed in the Dining room, period ! You might also want to consider bringing along a sweater or jacket for cool evenings and inexpensive rain gear in case of a sudden shower. Women may want to bring along a hat or scarf. You'll have a chance to dress up on two nights during 7 day or longer cruises (one night on shorter cruises) for the Captain's Cocktail Party and the Gala Farewell Dinner. On the other evenings you can dress casually for dinner (no shorts or tank tops).

For those not wanting to dress up, the Lido Restaurants are open nightly and have a casual dress code. Formal Wear: tuxedo; suit and tie; sport coat, tie and slacks; evening gown; cocktail dress; pantsuit Casual Resort Wear: sport shirts and slacks; dresses; skirts; pantsuit; Capri pants NOTE: Shorts, t-shirts, tank tops and bathing attire are not permitted in the Dining Room during dinner.

Flip flops are not allowed at any time...As someone said above, it's for safety reasons.....

Really? I wear mine all the time when on deck, I mean it is a hastle to take off the shoes and socks when I want to go down the slide:D I have also seen people wear them in the Dining Room for lunch and breakfast.

So much for the "no shorts, no t-shirts" rule. Last month on the Glory a guy at the table behind us came to dinner 3 times in shorts, once with a wife-beater on. Flip-flops, who can see them? I have some that are much nicer than most of the tennis shoes I've seen around lately :D

Archived