Flip Flop Question

C-U-ONBOARD

I usually go with the "steadfast" rules in these posts, but there are some extremely dressy flip flops out there anymore. I don't mean the cheap ones that you buy in the supermarket. Kohls is fully of beautiful flip flops, I bought a darling pair in Cozumel with decorative stones on them and would have felt totally comfortable and fashionably appropriate in wearing them in the dining room with a cute skirt and top on casual nights.

I think it depends on what kind your talking about, all flip flops are not created equally. Cheers, Carole

To the OP, this is a shorter cruise and a Carnival FUN Ship cruise. Have fun. I would wear what ever I wanted. Flip flops come in all sorts, $.99 ones to very costly ones. Some Berks are even flip flop like. I would suggest nothing that would not provide some "footage" as mentioned before on the floors throughout the ship. On to a funnier thought, on Celebrity several seasons ago, a young lady (20 something) was very rushed as she entered the dining room. She was at the table next to us. She had on her fuzzy bunny slippers with her formal dress! Ran our quickly, returned about 10min later. Her sweetie stood up, and told her how lovely she was amid she tears. Everyone all around clapped.We gave them a bottle of wine. (They got engaged the night before.)

Really? I wear mine all the time when on deck, I mean it is a hastle to take off the shoes and socks when I want to go down the slide:D I have also seen people wear them in the Dining Room for lunch and breakfast.

It is not true, there are no rules for flip flops, none, nadda, zippo.

What should I pack?

spacer.gifThe first thing to remember is that you're on vacation and you are aboard one of our "Fun Ships" to have a good time. The second thing to remember is to travel light. If you keep those two things in mind, you should do just fine.

Casual attire and resort wear is the order of the day both on board and in port. Shorts, slacks, sundresses, blouses, etc., are in line for women. Clothing for men is just as casual. You should bring a pair of rubber-soled sandals or sneakers to wear on deck and a pair of good walking shoes.

Flip Flops are not allowed in the Dining room, period !

You might also want to consider bringing along a sweater or jacket for cool evenings and inexpensive rain gear in case of a sudden shower. Women may want to bring along a hat or scarf. You'll have a chance to dress up on two nights during 7 day or longer cruises (one night on shorter cruises) for the Captain's Cocktail Party and the Gala Farewell Dinner. On the other evenings you can dress casually for dinner (no shorts or tank tops).

For those not wanting to dress up, the Lido Restaurants are open nightly and have a casual dress code. Formal Wear: tuxedo; suit and tie; sport coat, tie and slacks; evening gown; cocktail dress; pantsuit Casual Resort Wear: sport shirts and slacks; dresses; skirts; pantsuit; Capri pants NOTE: Shorts, t-shirts, tank tops and bathing attire are not permitted in the Dining Room during dinner.

Fred, you are so bad, find print indeed :rolleyes:

I wore flip flops almost every night (except on formal nights) to dinner and never had a problem. Even the shoes I wore on formal night were just as "revealing" as the flip flops.

We sailed in February and had no problems at all.

I wore my crocs flip flops almost exclusively, with an exception the dining room (I did wear them the first night with pants, because my suitcase with shoes didn't show up, I had to go huntin' for it near the purser's desk).

They have a good tread, and are heaven on my feet.

MAC

Sorry but flip flops aren't just for the beach these days. I think they can look adorable with a nice sundress! Atleast I know that I can pull it off. :p

For those who are truly bothered by someone's feet in the dining room.... how do you manage to get a bite of food down when you have your head under the table? :confused: ;)

Just an FYI re: Crocs.

I love my Crocs.....so comfy. But I found out the hard way they are dangerous on some wet surfaces.

I slipped on a wet sidewalk last May. Luckily it was only a sprain, but I still have numbness mid forearm to the end of my little pinky.

The ER doc said nurses at that hospital aren't allowed to wear them to work anymore. Apparently they are slick on wet linoleum too.

And I wouldn't wear them to the dining room. But I would wear some flip-flops.....they aren't just thongs anymore. That's what we used to call them anyway.

I personally think sandals look nicer with a sundress. In fact, I'm bringing some to wear with my sundress. I do have flip flops and crocs, but I'm saving them for the beach and casual walking. I don't think flip flops or crocs are appropriate for the dining room, but that's my opinion.

And since you are eating in the dinning room at a table, when do you see what anyone is wearing on their feet unless you have a mirror and or hidden camera some place?

I do not have a problem what people wear on their feet as I do not see their feet but I do have a problem with the No shorts/No T-shirt rule not being enforced. That I can see, shoes I can not.

Just an FYI re: Crocs.

I love my Crocs.....so comfy. But I found out the hard way they are dangerous on some wet surfaces.

I slipped on a wet sidewalk last May. Luckily it was only a sprain, but I still have numbness mid forearm to the end of my little pinky.

The ER doc said nurses at that hospital aren't allowed to wear them to work anymore. Apparently they are slick on wet linoleum too.

And I wouldn't wear them to the dining room. But I would wear some flip-flops.....they aren't just thongs anymore. That's what we used to call them anyway.

Sorry, but i just could not ignore this one!!!

THONGS! Are thongs allowed in the dining room!!!!:p

Sorry, but i just could not ignore this one!!!

THONGS! Are thongs allowed in the dining room!!!!:p

Yes they are, as long as you obey the rules and do not wear shorts and T-Shirts with them :p But of course this is not on formal night, just so you know :rolleyes:

And since you are eating in the dinning room at a table, when do you see what anyone is wearing on their feet unless you have a mirror and or hidden camera some place?

I do not have a problem what people wear on their feet as I do not see their feet but I do have a problem with the No shorts/No T-shirt rule not being enforced. That I can see, shoes I can not.

I don't look at feet..LOL I'm not the person who said they didn't like seeing toes. I just don't think it's appropriate to wear them in the dining room.

What should I pack?

spacer.gifThe first thing to remember is that you're on vacation and you are aboard one of our "Fun Ships" to have a good time. The second thing to remember is to travel light. If you keep those two things in mind, you should do just fine.

Casual attire and resort wear is the order of the day both on board and in port. Shorts, slacks, sundresses, blouses, etc., are in line for women. Clothing for men is just as casual. You should bring a pair of rubber-soled sandals or sneakers to wear on deck and a pair of good walking shoes. Flip Flops are not allowed in the Dining room, period ! You might also want to consider bringing along a sweater or jacket for cool evenings and inexpensive rain gear in case of a sudden shower. Women may want to bring along a hat or scarf. You'll have a chance to dress up on two nights during 7 day or longer cruises (one night on shorter cruises) for the Captain's Cocktail Party and the Gala Farewell Dinner. On the other evenings you can dress casually for dinner (no shorts or tank tops).

For those not wanting to dress up, the Lido Restaurants are open nightly and have a casual dress code. Formal Wear: tuxedo; suit and tie; sport coat, tie and slacks; evening gown; cocktail dress; pantsuit Casual Resort Wear: sport shirts and slacks; dresses; skirts; pantsuit; Capri pants NOTE: Shorts, t-shirts, tank tops and bathing attire are not permitted in the Dining Room during dinner.

Here is the unaltered version:

What should I pack?spacer.gifThe first thing to remember is that you're on vacation and you are aboard one of our "Fun Ships" to have a good time. The second thing to remember is to travel light. If you keep those two things in mind, you should do just fine.

Casual attire and resort wear is the order of the day both on board and in port. Shorts, slacks, sundresses, blouses, etc., are in line for women. Clothing for men is just as casual. You should bring a pair of rubber-soled sandals or sneakers to wear on deck and a pair of good walking shoes. You might also want to consider bringing along a sweater or jacket for cool evenings and inexpensive rain gear in case of a sudden shower. Women may want to bring along a hat or scarf. You'll have a chance to dress up on two nights during 7 day or longer cruises (one night on shorter cruises) for the Captain's Cocktail Party and the Gala Farewell Dinner. On the other evenings you can dress casually for dinner (no shorts or tank tops).

I where a "flip flop" which is made of leather. The soles are made of a normal

shoe bottom. Having a size 15+ I have problems find good shoes that fit really

nice.

I wear them year round at home, sun, rain, sleet or snow.

When I ware them on the ships I have no problems fitting in nor slipping around. The normal beach type do tend to slip on slide on some of the damp or wet decks.

No, Heels have some type of traction while flip flops are generally flat underneath causing suction and slippage.

Fred

Fred my freind. Heels are way more slippery than flip flops. They usually have smooth soles that are quite slippery, where as flip flops have a larger surface with rigdes or some kind of traction. I have never fallen in flip flops.

OP - I am a flip flop offender. I love them and wear them all the time. If I could wear them to work I would, instead I wear croc's. Almost the same.

Archived