Flip Flop Question

C-U-ONBOARD

I usually go with the "steadfast" rules in these posts, but there are some extremely dressy flip flops out there anymore. I don't mean the cheap ones that you buy in the supermarket. Kohls is fully of beautiful flip flops, I bought a darling pair in Cozumel with decorative stones on them and would have felt totally comfortable and fashionably appropriate in wearing them in the dining room with a cute skirt and top on casual nights.

I think it depends on what kind your talking about, all flip flops are not created equally. Cheers, Carole

Oh I so agree with you. There are so many CUTE flip flops around I can't stand it. I have lots of them.

Guest Parrothedmark
What should I pack?

spacer.gifThe first thing to remember is that you're on vacation and you are aboard one of our "Fun Ships" to have a good time. The second thing to remember is to travel light. If you keep those two things in mind, you should do just fine.

Casual attire and resort wear is the order of the day both on board and in port. Shorts, slacks, sundresses, blouses, etc., are in line for women. Clothing for men is just as casual. You should bring a pair of rubber-soled sandals or sneakers to wear on deck and a pair of good walking shoes. Flip Flops are not allowed in the Dining room, period ! You might also want to consider bringing along a sweater or jacket for cool evenings and inexpensive rain gear in case of a sudden shower. Women may want to bring along a hat or scarf. You'll have a chance to dress up on two nights during 7 day or longer cruises (one night on shorter cruises) for the Captain's Cocktail Party and the Gala Farewell Dinner. On the other evenings you can dress casually for dinner (no shorts or tank tops).

For those not wanting to dress up, the Lido Restaurants are open nightly and have a casual dress code. Formal Wear: tuxedo; suit and tie; sport coat, tie and slacks; evening gown; cocktail dress; pantsuit Casual Resort Wear: sport shirts and slacks; dresses; skirts; pantsuit; Capri pants NOTE: Shorts, t-shirts, tank tops and bathing attire are not permitted in the Dining Room during dinner.

I just got off the Pride and one night was casual for dinner and in the Capers it said shorts were allowed. There were Flip flops everywhere.

Everyone survived although I did see one woman looking very faint. ))

Mark

Flip flops are not allowed at any time...As someone said above, it's for safety reasons.....

Anyone who's ever worn heels knows that it's way more dangerous to balance one's entire body weight on about 4-5 square inches that fall in two places...the balls of your feet and a 1-2" square of a heel. And that's on LAND, let alone a moving ship with polished floors.

98% of the footwear I see during the day onboard are flip flops. And about 50% of the footwear I see in the evenings are some sort of sandal, flip flops included.

come on people FLIP FLOPS to a formal dining room....I personally dont want to see your feet!while im eating my dinner. Although it is casual dining it dosen't mean ultra casual try to keep it classy...

What are you doing looking under the table while you eat?;)

I have worn flip flops into the Dining hall after attempts to stand in my heels have not worked out (rocky ship) :eek: . But they were dressy flip-flops (if there is such a thing), flats with a 1/8 heel, with beaded embrodiery on them.

they make flip flops so nice these days, more like a sandal. if it's that kind, yes.

beach flip flops, on the other hand, wldn't be appropriate IMO. but as far as i know, there isn't a rule prohibiting them either. though i think they wld look out completely wrong when paired w/ the req'd/suggested dress code.

they make flip flops so nice these days, more like a sandal. if it's that kind, yes.

beach flip flops, on the other hand, wldn't be appropriate IMO. but as far as i know, there isn't a rule prohibiting them either. though i think they wld look out completely wrong when paired w/ the req'd/suggested dress code.

Unless it's the night the CD announces shorts are fine for dinner:D

Which BTW he did on our last cruise again.

i have never seen someone say something to someone for wearing anything. wear what you want to, not what others think you sould be wearing. and someone said a safty issue?? give me a break, what do we need to wear steel toe's to dinner now?

seriously? i have never heard any CD make such an announcement. wow.

Seriously they did when we were on the Elation and the Liberty. I wonder if they do this when there is a certain crowd on board. When we were on the Liberty it was spring break and alot of college kids. BTW we had a blast on that cruise lol! And the Elation they announced it the last night of sailing.

I also read on here someone said it was also listed in their capers. I will try to find it.

i have never seen someone say something to someone for wearing anything. wear what you want to, not what others think you sould be wearing. and someone said a safty issue?? give me a break, what do we need to wear steel toe's to dinner now?

Apparently, so the one poster will not see your toes. How many people look at toes and or feet for that matter when they are eating? As far as I know all our feet are UNDER the table, not on TOP of the table. And if you do have your feet on TOP of the table, it may be a good idea to take them off, just a suggestion of course, not a demand :rolleyes:

I also agree with the poster that said it was more fun talking about thongs :eek:

Unless it's the night the CD announces shorts are fine for dinner:D

Which BTW he did on our last cruise again.

Was that opening seating as well? And when you do have opening seating at dinner because the ship is still in port and will not leave until late, is it open seating and just what is the dress code?

Seriously they did when we were on the Elation and the Liberty. I wonder if they do this when there is a certain crowd on board. When we were on the Liberty it was spring break and alot of college kids. BTW we had a blast on that cruise lol! And the Elation they announced it the last night of sailing.

I also read on here someone said it was also listed in their capers. I will try to find it.

ah, maybe they are starting to let the last night go relaxed b/c of luggage (like the first night)

Was that opening seating as well? And when you do have opening seating at dinner because the ship is still in port and will not leave until late, is it open seating and just what is the dress code?

No it was not open seating. I have never been on a cruise where they had open seating at dinner.

I liked it better when we were on the thong subject!!!:D

Me too.:D

Now there's an idea, then we don't have to look at anybodies toes. Eww.:cool: :rolleyes:

seriously? i have never heard any CD make such an announcement. wow.

Here it is from Parothedmark....post #53

I just got off the Pride and one night was casual for dinner and in the Capers it said shorts were allowed. There were Flip flops everywhere.

Everyone survived although I did see one woman looking very faint. ))

Me too.:D

Now there's an idea, then we don't have to look at anybodies toes. Eww.:cool: :rolleyes:

Pervert :p

Hey...a well kept pair of (womens) feet can be very sexy... long as there is no toe jam or corn yellow nails..it be all good.

As a woman, I look at shoes the other women are wearing. So if I happen to see Triscut (sp?) toenails......kinda makes me lose my appetite.

From what I've seen, most of the women make their feet look presentable.

Archived