Flip Flop Question

C-U-ONBOARD

I wear flip flops on deck during the day, mine are keds and are very sturdy with a lot of traction on the bottom, I have never slipped. I also wear them to eat in the DR for BREAKFAST and LUNCH never at dinner.

So IMHO flops are not appropriate to wear in the DR for dinner no matter how "cute" they are. I define flip flops as flat rubber-soled or rubber foam-soled shoes with a thong. Sandals can be flat soled and dressy. So Sandals, yes. Flops, no.

Can you wear flip flops in the DR for dinner? yes. Should you? probably not.

How many people look at toes and or feet for that matter when they are eating? :eek:

What if someone drops their fork and as they are looking under the table for it, they see that their fork landed by someones alien looking toes :eek: That there alone can ruin Lobster night :D

Fred

What if someone drops their fork and as they are looking under the table for it, they see that their fork landed by someones alien looking toes :eek: That there alone can ruin Lobster night :D

Fred

Fred, are you going to tell me that you would really go after that fork that you dropped, a fork that is on a floor where all those dirty shoes, cowboy boots and flip flops, have been? You have at least 9 pieces of silverware on that table, I am sure you could find something to eat with :p

Now I think we were dicussing your pretty strappy high heels, last night:rolleyes:

Fred, are you going to tell me that you would really go after that fork that you dropped, a fork that is on a floor where all those dirty shoes, cowboy boots and flip flops, have been? You have at least 9 pieces of silverware on that table, I am sure you could find something to eat with :p

Ok OK, for those in the Toe Fetish Group, you can drop all 9 pieces of silverware, just don't drop them all at once :D

Fred

OK, just what does everyone consider a, "flip flop", ??? I think of them as an item that you wear on your foot that is secured by a piece of material that goes between you big toe and you second toe,( there is nothing that secures the back of the foot),.

Well I have many of these in many different styles ! I can say I do not have any of the original rubber ones ! But I must say I have many that are leather, some with heals some without, some with accessories some with out !

When I think of people that ask this question, unless their wearing cutoffs and a mid driff they are talking about a different type of flip flop, something more like a sandal.

Now I think we were dicussing your pretty strappy high heels, last night:rolleyes:

9 pieces of silverware on the table? What were you at a table for 3 ? You want Fred to take someone elses silverware?

Bill

come on people FLIP FLOPS to a formal dining room....I personally dont want to see your feet!while im eating my dinner. Although it is casual dining it dosen't mean ultra casual try to keep it classy...

I think it depends on the feet, If they are pedicured and polished and clean they look fine, I work with a woman whose feet look like my dogs rawhide chewey...they don't look good outside of the dining room!!!:eek:

Archived