Best place to buy dive computer

scubaholic

Hi,

I would like to upgrade my computer to something that I can where all the time. Where is the best place for buying them. I'm doing the Eastern carribean. Would really like a Suunto D9

Thanks.

Hi,

Probably St. Thomas or Tortola if you're going to these ports. However, just a warning, you need to know the price of the computer in the U.S. I was going to buy a Citizen dive computer/watch and priced it at several ports (and the ship). Not knowing in advance what the cost was, I paid the high price of internet on the ship to find out that Leisurepro had it for $100 cheaper than what I found in the Caribbean. Apparently there isn't a lot of tariff on these so an internet dive shop may have a better discount via volume than a Caribbean seller who offers it duty free.

Randall

I won't mention LP like Randall did, but you really might want to check prices at online dive equipment outlets here, and actually in Europe (SP) before you try for a deal in the Islands on particular dive equipment. I've always done better online, than down "south"!;)

I won't mention LP like Randall did, but you really might want to check prices at online dive equipment outlets here, and actually in Europe (SP) before you try for a deal in the Islands on particular dive equipment. I've always done better online, than down "south"!;)

LP was just and example. In no way to I endorse any dive center or on-line dive equipment outlets here, or in Europe. :D

Randall

I priced these up in the UK and it was around £1000

Nat

I bought a titanium d9 and sender from an online trader based in Malta for a little over GBP800 last month. PM me for details if you are interested.

Ganners

My suggestion would be< buy the computer from your local dive shop.It may cost a few dollars more but you will have a local dealer to stand behind it. I too used to swear by LP, but I am now on my third (and LAST) Oceanic computer bought through LP. This piece of junk is guaranteed to just go blank at 60 feet.New Oceanic Computer, new batteries,etc it still is guaranteed to fail !!!! LP has replaced it 3 times but they will not give a credit towards another brand of computer. I guess it would be a great computer to use in a pool but I need information when doing a 138 foot solo dive in the Mt. Carmel Church Cemetery in Lake Jocassee,SC. IA blank screen dont do you much good in calculating deco time. I learned my lesson---- no more LP for me.Every dollar I saved has been spent shipping the computer back in forth.I was kind of hoping it would get lost in the mail!!! Anybody need a Oceanic computer to use in the bathtub---I'll make you a good deal !!!!

Archived