Has anyone ordered sugar free-maple syrup

blambition

on the breakfast room service menu? I know they say you can write in what you want, but has anyone tried ordering sugar-free maple syrup? Usually you can get this in the main dining room without any problem and I was wondering about getting it in the cabin. Thanks for the info.

I have not tried to order sugar free syrup from room service, but my experience of almost 40 cruises tells me that it shouldn't be a problem. They have it in small, pre-packaged containers on the buffets and in the dining room, so it is definitely available.

If it's real maple sirup it's got sugar...simply not possible to not have sugar. The sugarfree variety is a concoction of flavors, chemicals and coloring that's usually a base of corn sirup and has absolutely no similarities to real maple sirop at all.

Taste the real thing and you'll never be happy with Aunt Jamima again.

Nitrodog:

You are absolutely right about maple syrup, but those of us who must eschew sugar in its many forms have to take what we can get. Is it as good as real maple syrup? Of course not! Is it good enough given that we can't have sugar? It has to be.

Archived