GRT Booking Question!

rdrseller

OK, I have read a lot about getting the exciting visits from the Upgrade Fairy. On our last cruise, we booked a suite grt. Yes, we were hoping the pay for an 11 and get a 12. It didn't work for us, but no problem we were happy with the 11.

I have also read that if you have many cabins linked together on a booking that they will try to get you as close together as possible. Is this generally the case?

We have booked a specific cat 11 and then we have 3 other OVG. I am hoping that they will try to put our other rooms on the same floor as the cat 11. This would mean they would get a balcony. However, only one of the 3 rooms is mine. The other 2 OVG are family that we tied the bookings together.

What are the chances? Any knowledge is appreciated.:confused:

Very very slim that the other cabins will get OV to BL upgrades... they will do their best, but they are also not stupid. Chances are you will be on different decks... we book groups every time, the people that book suites get suites, and the others get cabins within their guarantee category... they try to keep everyone close, but it doesn't always happen. They aren't going to upgrade 3 other cabins just because someone in the group has a suite booked.

And technically you don't have a "group", you have linked bookings. In my experience with linked bookings they were not together, some were on different decks, some were closer than others. The linked bookings will get you at the same table for dinner but that is about it. I can only speak from experience and that was in 2004 onboard the Sensation, maybe they have a better system now.

Good Luck!

Archived