Taking the Princess bus

m steve

We live on the west coast of FL and have taken the Cruise Connection bus to MIA and FLL for the past 8 cruises. The buses are large,new, clean, comfortable, show a movie, make one rest stop for breakfast. We never handle our luggage as it is packed by the driver at pick up and porters handle it at the port. As of this year you do not wait any length of time for your bus at the end of the cruise, as they overnite and will be there once you depart the ship. What's not to like, compared to the long drive across FL, gas prices, and parking fees. Well worth the $120 RT for two. We drove once...never again. Our vacation begins once we board the bus.

Perhaps it would be more convenient for you to take your car. You would have to pay $12-14 per day and you would have to load your own luggage but you wouldn't have to wait for anything. Then you wouldn't have anything to complain about!

That was exactly what I was going to suggest.

I never realized how fortunate I am being able to get up at 3 am to take the bus. Just like basic training 46 years ago. The travel agent won't let us cancel as they are short about 20 people on the bus. The 4 of us could easily drive with all the luggage in our friends van and the cost might be the same. I will be driving to FLL just 3 weeks earlier for another cruise and the trip doesn't bother me at all. I just won't be able to have my last Chinese meal in Stuart before the cruise and will go thru soy sauce withdrawal sooner. Then again I won't be traveling out of Minneapolis at 3 am trying to avoid wayward senators at the airport.

Maybe we'll be real lucky and Princess will serve their famous coffee on the bus if they aren't using the syrup to lubricate the wheels.

I never realized how fortunate I am being able to get up at 3 am to take the bus. Just like basic training 46 years ago. ..............

Maybe we'll be real lucky and Princess will serve their famous coffee on the bus if they aren't using the syrup to lubricate the wheels.

Ahhhhhh M STEVE....There are people in this world who are on ventilators, children being abused and the whole gamut of human miseries so we just can't feel sorry for you. We also get up at 3 am to catch the Cruise Connection bus and that's when our vacation begins. We stop to give thanks for how lucky we are to be able to afford a cruise and are thankful for being healthy enough to enjoy a cruise. I guess my glass is half full. :)

We take this Cruise-Connection bus to all our cruises in FLL and Miami.

It is convenient, comfortable and you watch a movie. They stop along the way to pick up passengers and a rest stop for food & bathroom as well.

Much better than driving across Alligator Alley, fighting traffic and paying $12.00 a day for parking at the pier.

The driver handles your luggage and they drop you off right in front of the embarkation lounge. You will get there around 11:30 - noon and will join the line already waiting.

I never realized how fortunate I am being able to get up at 3 am to take the bus. Just like basic training 46 years ago. The travel agent won't let us cancel as they are short about 20 people on the bus. The 4 of us could easily drive with all the luggage in our friends van and the cost might be the same. I will be driving to FLL just 3 weeks earlier for another cruise and the trip doesn't bother me at all. I just won't be able to have my last Chinese meal in Stuart before the cruise and will go thru soy sauce withdrawal sooner. Then again I won't be traveling out of Minneapolis at 3 am trying to avoid wayward senators at the airport.

:D Hey m steve........sounds like you've cooled off since starting this thread. I appreciate your humor in all this. Maybe you're thinking this isn't all that bad after all. FYI.......we have taken the bus as well........i loved it, (sat back and relaxed--watched the movie and was quit pleased with the ride overall).....my wife hated it, (took too long......too many stops....are we there yet??). Hehehehee!! Just go with it and.......don't sweat the small stuff.

Ahhhhhh M STEVE....There are people in this world who are on ventilators, children being abused and the whole gamut of human miseries so we just can't feel sorry for you. We also get up at 3 am to catch the Cruise Connection bus and that's when our vacation begins. We stop to give thanks for how lucky we are to be able to afford a cruise and are thankful for being healthy enough to enjoy a cruise. I guess my glass is half full. :)

Even though we cannot enjoy the Cruise Connection but, I have to say AMEN to this!

........... Then again I won't be traveling out of Minneapolis at 3 am trying to avoid wayward senators at the airport.

LMAO!!!

We take the bus from Sarasota too...very convenient. Just watched your video and enjoyed it, as we leave a week from today for Venice to board the Emerald Princess. I noticed you're taking the Veendam in Dec. We were on it last winter and will be again in Feb. for the 14-day cruise. Handy leaving from Tampa, as we're able to get a ride up there.

We're booked on the Grand Nov. '08, but the reviews have been so negative I'm having second thoughts. Would love to hear your comments on the ship.

dpr8400@yahoo.com

Archived