Anyone help with Houston transfers?

goldenwheels

Hey there! Called PVP to book transfers, did it no problem and then she informed me that they don't do transfers from Houston Hobby. Okay, but where does it say that on paperwork or even the website. Fine, whatever! Ended up booking a limo service, but at $110 more. I contacted our PVP 2 times before she finally called me back and could not understand what my problem is. I expect that Carnival should at least give us an OBC of the difference, but she acted like this would never happen. Customer service is gone for the day? Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated. At this point, Carnival is not looking so good to us for our 1st cruise with them. Thanks again.

Our driver was Jose Reyes the owner of South Houston Limousine & Town Car. He was awesome, very reasonable and prompt, polite and informative. He will charge per trip not passenger. His numbers are- Cell-713-303-8299 cell-713-416-6652-home-713-946-4736-fax-713-944-5010. Good luck and happy sailing!

Try to bargain with him a bit so you can get the best rate. I don't remember what we paid.

Okay, but where does it say that on paperwork or even the website.

From the web site: http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Transfers_Galveston.aspx

Seeing how Hobby is not listed one would assume Hobby is not served by the transfer system.

Listed under FAQs -> Airport/ Cruise Terminal Transfers -> Does Carnival Cruise Lines offer Transportation to/from Port of Galveston?

If they don't offer them from Hobby then they don't offer them. Why should you be given any OBC for that?

Perhaps you should of checked if they were offered from Hobby before you booked your air? Seems to me that was your mistake not Carnival or your PVP.

Thanks so much emporess for your help. Legend, the information that is provided by Carnival is hit or miss. And obviously you must search the website intently to finally find the answer you were looking for. Nothing in any of the documentation that I have received from Carnival says anything about not serving Hobby airport. How would I automatically know that Carnival does not do transfers out of Hobby? That is foolish on Carnival's part to tell me that. So far their customer service is questionable. But you know what, I will just make lemonade out of it. I am going on a cruise with my husband for our 10th Anniversary and we are going to love every minute of it. Thanks for all of the responses. Have a great week!!

We flew into Bush July 2006 and used the transfer. We had to stop at Hobby to pick up several people. We did do the Cruise/Air Package. I don't know if the others did the same. Carnival may have changed things since 2006. I would call again and see if you get the same answer. Whatever happens have a great time.

Emporess, I agree! My husband thinks this is for the best too!! My beef was with the fact that I was never told whether by my PVP or in any docs received by Carnival that I must specify which airport because they don't transfer from Houston. My e-docs say nothing about not transferrring from Hobby! As a first time cruiser with Carnival, how would I know to ask certain questions that would affect the transfer. My hope is that the website could be a little user friendly. Lesson learned. I will use our travel agent next time. Once again, thank you for all of the positive suggestions and help.

Hey there! Called PVP to book transfers, did it no problem and then she informed me that they don't do transfers from Houston Hobby. Okay, but where does it say that on paperwork or even the website. Fine, whatever! Ended up booking a limo service, but at $110 more. I contacted our PVP 2 times before she finally called me back and could not understand what my problem is. I expect that Carnival should at least give us an OBC of the difference, but she acted like this would never happen. Customer service is gone for the day? Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated. At this point, Carnival is not looking so good to us for our 1st cruise with them. Thanks again.

Goldenwheels,

Congrats on your first cruise. I hope you and your husband have a wonderful vacation. You can catch a taxi which will cost about $85 for a flat rate. I just got off of the Conquest and someone in my party used this service. You can also contact LJ at Texas Cruise Ship Shuttle. He transported some of my family members and he was fabulous as well. The benefit about hiring your own driver is that they will be there when you are getting off the ship.

From the web site: http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Transfers_Galveston.aspx

Seeing how Hobby is not listed one would assume Hobby is not served by the transfer system.

Listed under FAQs -> Airport/ Cruise Terminal Transfers -> Does Carnival Cruise Lines offer Transportation to/from Port of Galveston?

I'll admit I am NOT a computer whiz, so I would depend on my PVP to tell me things. I was unable to find anything about Hobby not being a transfer to ship airport, and my stupid PVP did not volunteer any of this information to me (Just like with Goldenwheels). In fact, the web site mentioned the fact that Hobby was only 60 minutes to the dock, compared to Bush being 90 minutes. Wouldn't a non computer whiz, non travel agent type person think that Hobby would be a transfer option? If it wasn't, it should have been in bold print on that page. I think Carnival PVP was just p.o.'d because she didn't make my plane reservations. (Who wouldn't use frequent flyer miles if they had them?) It seems to me that once Carnival's PVPs initially get your reservation, they're not much interested in continuing to assist you--unless, of course, it's to sell you more excursions, or to upgrade you to a "better" cabin. They like to make you think they're there to assist you, but the truth is they're not much better than a high-pressure used car salesman!!

Never again will I consider using Carnival, and this would be my 5th cruise! It'll be a travel agent of my chosing from now on, and I'll definitely spread the word that Carnival needs to retrain their PVPs and make their web site a lot more user friendly!!

We sailed the Conquest in Sept 06. Flew to BIA, got the transfers, all through Carnival. Transfer from BIA to port was easy and non-stop.

My parents were on the same trip. Stayed with friends in the Houston area prior to cruise, flew from Hobby going home. They were told no transfer service to Hobby through Carnival, but that the service was available from the port.

Comming back, we got on the bus as directed. The bus went to Hobby first, then BIA. Same bus for both my parents and us.

Go figure.

We sailed the Conquest in Sept 06. Flew to BIA, got the transfers, all through Carnival. Transfer from BIA to port was easy and non-stop.

My parents were on the same trip. Stayed with friends in the Houston area prior to cruise, flew from Hobby going home. They were told no transfer service to Hobby through Carnival, but that the service was available from the port.

Comming back, we got on the bus as directed. The bus went to Hobby first, then BIA. Same bus for both my parents and us.

Go figure.

Dave: I will be back on the Conquest Feb 08 with the same cousin and his brother. Paige and Charles are going Oct 14th.

Robb

Archived