Guaranteed Stateroom - Worth It?

CardinalPilot

We have sailed on several cruises on Carnival and have NEVER been upgraded. Some people are just lucky. Be happy with what you have and like someone else said, if you want a better room, pay for it. I never expect to get more than what I pay for.

I agree also pay for it, but we booked a balcony room on the Miracle for Nov 15th and were upgraded(Our travel agent called us) to another balcony which is extended on the verandah deck. I am happy wiith that I was not expecting it though.

Just checked Carnival website to find our cabins have been allocated on Valor for 12/9/07 (59 days out) We booked BL guarantee and have been allocated adjoining cabins on verandah deck (8c). We're very happy to be together, and the fact we saved $184 per person is the icing on the cake. First time on Carnival and up to now........we're happy:D

I was told the other day that the special Carnival is running for guarantee rooms would only save us $50pp. I don't consider it worth it to risk getting a room in a bad location... Our current room is centrally located, and only has a room on one side of us. Unless they offer a more substantial savings, they can keep their guarantee.

When DH and I are travelling alone we always do the guarentee OV. Last time we were upgraded to cat 12. Very Nice!!! Can't do it with the kids because we need 2 cabins together. I say go for a guarentee, we have never been disappointed

This will be our third cruise on Carnival, all three booked a guaranteed suite, all three have been upgraded to a cat 12. Booked this trip 3 weeks ago, and we leave next week. This is going to be the longest week of work in my life.:)

Of our 4 cruises with CCL, we've been upgraded 4 times. OUr 5th is coming up, so I'm knocking on wood that I didn't just jinx us. :D

In order: 4A to a 5A, 4A to a 4D, BL to a 8C, and an IS to a 4D. Nothing too too amazing, but we've been extremely pleased so far.

One of the friends we made was upgraded from an OV to an 11 on their 2nd cruise.

My parents also booked a BL with us on our 3rd cruise, and we both were upgraded to cabins down the hall from each other.

Our 5th cruise has my sister and her boyfriend plus my fiance and I booked in 2 separate IS's. My parents are in a BL gty. We're hoping we'll be matched up with them as our booking numbers are linked. :)

Archived