Christmas/NewYear

storr

Hello,

We will be on the same cruise aboard Ventura. This Xmas we are on Oceana and have been on 2 previous cruises over Xmas and New Year on Oceana.

To answer your question. yes there will be plenty going on.The ship itself will have plenty of Xmas decorations throughout. Santa will visit on Xmas day appearing on deck for the kids. There will be a carol service and a religous service for those who wish to attend. Officers are normally present at the service. New Years Eve will have a deck party and they will pipe in the haggis at dinner.It will be a Formal night. The dinner table will have party poppers,hats etc. There might well be other things going but just can't remember at the moment.

Don't know if you are normally away at Xmas but it is different to be at Sea on Xmas day and hopefully the sun on your back.

Personally we love to get away from all the fuss at home.

Hope this helps.

Iain

We are going on the Ventura Xmas?New Year 2008 does PO do anything special on these cruises. Thanks

Hi storr,

We have never been on a Christmas cruise, but we have been on Aurora at New Year and that was fantastic, great atmosphere. The ship looked great with all the Christmas decorations.

From what I have read Christmas is one thing that P&O do very well. They really go to town as do many of the passengers with decorations for their cabins.

Most importantly take some extra cards with you for friends you may meet and more importantly, for the staff, cabin steward, waiters etc. Apparently this goes down very well and is much appreciated.

:):)Happy Christmas Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

and I am not at all jealous at all, :mad:grrrrrrrrrrrrr

But we will be trying her out 2 weeks after you so you could leave us a mince pie!!!!!!!

I have read on cruiseboards, that some cruisers decorate their cabin door with a wreath which I think is cute, and take a icle xmas tree for cabin, take cards to give out to their steward, waiters and table companions - perhaps a small gift for your steward, who after all has to be away from his family over christmas would be a nice touch;)

Sue

Archived