Walkie Talkies on ship?

lelalenore

.....if both wt's are in rooms on different decks it's a crap-shoot. Ours had a 12 mile range (?). Needless to say, the ship is not 12 miles long, and there were times that they did not work. Unless my son was lying to me that he had his on all the time.

:rolleyes:

Hmmm, our walkies worked fairly well on the Legend. We had 6 folks to keep up with and took 3 walkie's. Yes, in some places on the ship I would say 'crap-shoot' would be the word (there's lots of metal on that thar ship:) give 'em a try! They don't take up that much space. Bon-voyage!! :D

Leaving Saturday (9/29) on Carnival Triumph!

We brought our own during one cruise and they really didnt work very well. Well.....They worked but we kept picking up so many others talking on theres that my daughter and I couldn't get a word in to each other.

She would say "Mom" into hers and it sounded like a dozen women answering her. hahaha.

Laura

It all depends on how much metal you have between you and the person you are communicating with. We could not communicate at all between decks 1 and 4 (or deck 1 and anywhere else for that matter.), which made them useless and a waste of space for batteries, chargers, etc. Also, don't forget you have to drag the thing around with you. It turned out to be a pain -- I don't want to be schlepping a bunch of stuff around.

Another alternative is to use post-its or the ships voice mail system. Your kids could call into the voicemail from anywhere on the ship and leave a message. Worked great for us.

they'll work. but, i suggest you use them only when you need them or they'll drive you crazy (as well as the other pax, lol).

so many people bring them now, the channels are constantly going w/ everyone's blabber. so, make sure your boys know how to switch channels, b/c chances are very good that you'll have to tell them mid conversation to go to another, and quite often too.

Archived