2008/2009 Ncl Catalog ? & REPO QUESTION

dottie and angel

NCL will probably not release 2008-2009 catalogs until June/July 2008; after the 2008-2009 itineraries are publically posted for sale.

As for getting off or on a Panama Canal Cruise in Los Angeles, which is where almost all begin or end, you should have no problem. Usually, and that's a key word, NCL sells a Panama Canal and a Pacific Coastal (L.A to Vancouver) cruises as two seperate cruises.

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHEN NCL WILL BE COMING OUT WITH THE 2008/2009 CATALOG?

ON Ncl's 2008 WESTBOUND PANAMA REPO CRUISES, THEY ARE AT 19 DAYS. DO THEY TRY TO SELL THOSE FIRST, THEN OFFER THE 15 DAY TO LA, INSTEAD OF ALL THE WAY TO SEATTLE OR VANCOUVER. I CANT GET 19 DAYS OFF.

RUTH

I've never seen NCL sell segments of a Panama Canal cruise. The September 2008 eastbound Panama Canal cruise is also 19 days, begining in Seattle and ending in Miami. It looks like there's no Pacific Coastal in the works for either next April or September for the Pearl. :( The Star's and Sun's 2008 coastal cruises have been published for quite some time now.

I've never seen NCL sell segments of a Panama Canal cruise. The September 2008 eastbound Panama Canal cruise is also 19 days, begining in Seattle and ending in Miami. It looks like there's no Pacific Coastal in the works for either next April or September for the Pearl. :( The Star's and Sun's 2008 coastal cruises have been published for quite some time now.

Never?

What about the Sun's prolonged repo cruises this fall?

Vancouver to Honolulu, Honolulu to Ensenada, San Diego to Miami via the Panama Canal.

What about the Pearl's prolonged repo cruises this fall?

Seattle to Vancouver, Vancouver to Los Angeles, Los Angeles to Miami via the Panama Canal.

The Pearl's repo cruises next spring and fall are 19 days long vs 15 days this fall. But that doesn't mean the Pearl's 2009 repo cruises via the Panama Canal will be 19 days long, they could be 15 days long like this year.

Time will tell.

Gosh, Ron, sometimes you do know what you're talking about! :D You're absolutely right, to an extent. I still believe that once a cruise is advertised as a Panama Canal cruise, like the Pearl's two Panama Canal cruises for 2008, NCL won't, after the fact, open up bookings for segments of the cruise. I think that's the question the OP was asking. If I recall, the cruises you mentioned have always been advertised as repo segments from the beginning.

I just received a 2008-2009 catalog in the mail today. :)

Congrats. 2008-2009 catalogs are out now, as winter 2008 to spring 2009 sailings are up for sale. It's the 2009-2010 catalogs that will not be out until next June/July. Sorry for the half wrong info earlier.

NCL will probably not release 2008-2009 catalogs until June/July 2008; after the 2008-2009 itineraries are publically posted for sale.

As for getting off or on a Panama Canal Cruise in Los Angeles, which is where almost all begin or end, you should have no problem. Usually, and that's a key word, NCL sells a Panama Canal and a Pacific Coastal (L.A to Vancouver) cruises as two seperate cruises.

Hate to burst your bubble on this one but we took the Sun Repo last September from Van to NO as one trip along with quite a few Aussies and Kiwis. However there were those who just did the Van to LA portion (Pacific Coastal) or got on in LA for an LA to NO (repositioning).

Hate to burst your bubble on this one but we took the Sun Repo last September from Van to NO as one trip along with quite a few Aussies and Kiwis. However there were those who just did the Van to LA portion (Pacific Coastal) or got on in LA for an LA to NO (repositioning).

Doesn't bother me at all, you just confirmed that NCL had sold them as seperate cruises. You also just confirmed NCL had sold them as a package too.

It seems that in the past, NCL would sell a Panama Canal from Miami to LA or San Francisco and then a coastal from LA or San Francisco to Vancouver. 2008 is the first year that I know of where the haven't listed the separate sailings. My guess is that they may not allow the purchase of the segments anymore (otherwise, why not list the segments). The prices on the coastals has been getting pretty low - maybe it just wasn't worth it anymore to sell the two segments.

Archived