Question about back to back cruises.

shipmate67

Hello everyone.

My DH amd I have a question for those who have taken back to back cruises on the same ship. When the ship is in the home port, such as Miami, do we have to remain aboard the ship or can we disembark and reboard later in the day?

Alright now I just thought of another question. If we are allowed to go into miami will we have to stand in the long lines with those passangers just embarking?

Thank you.

Deb

There are others on here who would know better then, I haven't done a b2b but spoke with someone on my last cruise who was doing just that. She said they had to disembark in the home port. Also, you will not necessarily have the same cabin for each leg depending upon how late you leave to book.

Okay, maybe I went a little to far... can you blame me?

So I've never even heard of anyone doing this until very recently and now I'm fascinated by the idea.

Is this correct: Four day cruise that is followed by a five day cruise (Ecstasty out of Galveston) you have to pack your bags, get off the ship, turn around and wait in line with the other passengers and then go to your new room?

Customs. It's a wonderful thing.

There are others on here who would know better then, I haven't done a b2b but spoke with someone on my last cruise who was doing just that. She said they had to disembark in the home port. Also, you will not necessarily have the same cabin for each leg depending upon how late you leave to book.

I'll be interested in seeing others' answers to this, too!

I thought we'd spoken to some fellow cruisers one time that were on the second leg of their back-to-back, and I THOUGHT they'd said they didn't have to disembark and re-embark. It would kind of suck if you had to...8.gif

We are not exactly thinking of doing just a back to back but actually staying aboard for the year. We did some research and found that this is the best option for us right now. We both love to travel and this works well for us. We are in the last of the research stage but look to start booking and paying it off in a few weeks.

We are not exactly thinking of doing just a back to back but actually staying aboard for the year. We did some research and found that this is the best option for us right now. We both love to travel and this works well for us. We are in the last of the research stage but look to start booking and paying it off in a few weeks.

My ideal year. I imagine it would be a different story then a B2B, the cruise line would be best to answer your questions. There are a good number of people electing to do this now apparently. There are Seaborn ships on which you can buy or rent suites for varying amounts of time but I imagine there's some big bucks involved in that.

In May of 2004 we did back to back on the Glory, the east and western itineraries. Be careful with doing back to back on the same ship as the shows are all exactly the same the second week, and the menu is the same as well. We don't really care about that though. We specifically booked the same cabin and we were able to leave our stuff in the cabin and hang out on deck and in the pools while everyone was getting off and back on. You can get off if you want, I'm not sure if you have to stand in the long lines to get back on. We did have to walk off the ship and go through customs and back onto the ship. They let us do that after everyone was cleared so we were off the ship for about 5 minutes today.

In May of this year we went on the Liberty and then the Victory, so we had to get off one ship and take a cab to Miami and get on the Victory. So that was different. Carnival accidentally sent a letter to our room thinking that we were staying on the same ship but had different rooms. The letter said to back our stuff and talk to our room steward and he would deal with moving the luggage for us.

We liked the convience of staying in the same room and on the same ship so we are doing back to back on the Victory on December 30, 2007. We booked the same room both weeks.

I think it varies by cruise line, maybe even by ship. The last time we were on RCCL, we were able to get our new cards from the purser's desk on the last night of the first week. So we just had to go through the first time re-boarding and getting our picture taken, but no wait to speak of. Last year on Princess, they made everyone doing b2b to gather in a dining room (which meant we had to wait until everyone else disembarked around noon), and cruise staff walked us off as a group and back through checkin. No wait, but we had been planning on spending more time in Old San Juan than we were able to. Usually we book the same room for both weeks, and I really enjoy not having to do a thing on the last day of week 1. Last year we had to change rooms, but room stewards assisted, so it wasn't too big a problem. Never been on Carnival before -- we'll see how we do in November.

Check out The World ship.

We are doing a B2B next year... from what I understand at final deposit, we can choose our cabins for both cruises (so we don't have to pack), then we get off the ship real quick to go through customs (without luggage) and they walk us back on... will let you know 11/08 :p

First, let me thank Lucy for the offer to let us know what happens after her B2B cruises in Nov. We very much appreciate this. We can't wait to hear of your experience but we also hope that the cruise is a wonderful slow leisurely one for you. Wishing you smooth sailing and an wonderful time.

Next, we would like to thank all of you wonderful folks that gave us suggestions and information. This is why we both love these boards. I love reading these posts because it is like sitting and talking with a group of really good friends.

Last, I hope my question has helped others of you thinking of taking B2B cruises or longer, as we have choosen to do.

Hello everyone.

My DH amd I have a question for those who have taken back to back cruises on the same ship. When the ship is in the home port, such as Miami, do we have to remain aboard the ship or can we disembark and reboard later in the day?

Alright now I just thought of another question. If we are allowed to go into miami will we have to stand in the long lines with those passangers just embarking?

Thank you.

Deb

Yes you can explore Miami and return before the ship sails. Either on your own or on an excursion.

And no, no need to stand in the lines, you get to follow the VIP lines - you'll probably be given your S&S card for the second week before you leave the ship.

Archived