oahu rental car

tfoster52

It's not too far...maybe about 15 minutes approximately (although I wasn't really watching the time). We used National in August and they were very good. The office location is a bit difficult to find. The check in area is on the lower level of a large building and it is marked only with very small signs. Get very good directions.

We actually drove to the pier, parked the rental car, checked in and boarded the ship and then my DH returned the car on his own. This worked for us since we had a lot of luggage. The staff at the pier was fantastic. They unloaded our luggage and let us park right near the ship so we could check in.

Be sure to check out the entertainment book for discounts. Bring the coupons with you, since they will probably ask for them.

We rented from this location. Our recollection is that it is several miles from the cruise port; however, National does have some shuttles at this location and they will take you to your destination, but I would call first to make sure someone is there to drive you. We returned the car late afternoon, and the shuttle driver was just ending for the day, but he did drive us back to the Marriott.

The difficulty is to find the entrance to return the car which is in the rear of the building. I even got lost inside because there was no directional sign ( that I could see) at one of those "forks in the road". The business office is on the main level which lets you out to Ala Moana Blvd. At the corner there is a bus stop. Ask the driver of each bus whether he goes to the cruise pier and you will be on your way. I'm sure the desk can tell you the numbered bus to take. The building is right across from the entrance to Hilton Hawaiian Village to give you some reference. HHV is constructing a new tower which you should see across the street as you exit the office.

John L.

Archived