Sofa Beds

We are on the Jewel of the Seas in November. We have an E1 with a sleeper sofa. My questions are:

1. How comfortable are the sleeper sofas? We are planning to have the kids sleep on them.

2. Could we bring an aerobed and put the kids on it instead of the sleeper sofa?

Thanks.

George

I have never personally slept on one of the sleepers, but my kids (9 and 14) have. This last cruise, on the Radiance, the kids never complained about the comfort level, or lack of. I think they were so exhausted each night, that by the time they hit the mattress, they were out! I also expected complaints about them having to share, but I never heard a word. On the Adventure, however, they did complain about it. We ended up not unfolding the bed, and having my son sleep on the long part of the couch, and my daughter on the chaise part. I'm not sure that the couches are all as large, as we were in and Owners Suite. The aerobed might be a good ideda, but who wants to lug more than you have to? You would also probably need an extention cord to reach the outlet? Hope this helps.

We were in an E1 cabin on the Serenade in June. The sofa is really like an oversized chair. It folds out to a futon bed which sits on the floor. My children ages 12 and 14 did not find it comfortable and preferred the overhead bunk. They had to take turns with the futon bed. Also when the bed is folded out it is really awkward to walk around the cabin.

We just got off the Serenade. We had a D and our grandson (16) slept on the sofa bed. He did not complain at all and it looked to be quite cushy. I couldn't imagine more that one person sleeping on it, though. Plus it was a big pain! When it was open we had to crab walk around the room, it took up so much space. The D cabin (204 sq ') has a smallish sofa but an E1 (179 sq ') has a loveseat. Unless your kids are real little, consider getting them their own cabin. I will next time.

I spent 11 nights on the sofa bed on the Brilliance last November but that was in a GS. It was double bed sized and I found it quite comfy. In a suite it's not as much of a pain when folded down but I'd imagine in a D cabin it would be.

Does anyone know what size of bed the sofa's make into??

Well it looks like it depends on what stateroom you have. In the Grand Suite it was definitely a double bed size but reading some of the other posts the smaller staterooms seem to have proportionally smaller sofas.

Archived