Help! Bringing 9 Month old

jresn02

I just found out that Norwegian doesn't offer in room babysitting AT ALL. I was set to go on the Pearl in Dec.

Can anyone suggest a cruise line that has in room sitting (looking for someone to watch my sleeping child). Ideally, We would put him to bed and a sitter would watch him sleep so we can enjoy ourselves at night. Does this exist? I am so depressed now.

Also, we chose Norwegian b/c they only charge for fees/taxes etc and not for ANOTHER passenger like some other lines

Please help!!!

THANKS!!

RCCL offers in room babysitting. Carnival offers babysitting, but I dont know if it is in room babysitting. Someone else here will know, tho.

On our last cruise I joined the CC roll call thread for the sailing. While I was conversing and getting to know everyone on the ship, the topic of me arranging babysitting thru RCCL came up. One of the mothers on the board suggested I employ her 14 year old daughter as a sitter every night.

It's sounds a bit callous and not well thought out, but we had all been chatting for well over 6 months and my situation was the same as yours - DS was going to be sleeping the entire time he was being sat for. So I took her up on her offer.

Rachel babysat every night and was a bit disappointed that DS was not awake most of the time, as she would have liked to play with him more.

It worked out well.

Maybe there is someone on your roll call thread who has a child with babysitting experience who would like to earn some $$ while on vacation?

Rachel earned a cool $140 on her vacation!

I just found out that Norwegian doesn't offer in room babysitting AT ALL. I was set to go on the Pearl in Dec.

Can anyone suggest a cruise line that has in room sitting (looking for someone to watch my sleeping child). Ideally, We would put him to bed and a sitter would watch him sleep so we can enjoy ourselves at night. Does this exist? I am so depressed now.

Also, we chose Norwegian b/c they only charge for fees/taxes etc and not for ANOTHER passenger like some other lines

Please help!!!

THANKS!!

You may want to try HAL, They have a children's rate which is less than the standard 3/4th passenger. They do have in-cabin sitting.

I hope you don't lose any deposit you may have put down already.

Costs for a 3rd passenger can be different on each cruise, let alone each cruise line. When I was shopping for a cruise, I found that even though Princess had no child discount, because their fares for the first two passengers was lower than others, once all three fares were totalled, it was less expensive than a cruise that would have let a baby sail for free. Princess doesn't offer babysitting under three, but I just wanted you to be aware to look at the total costs when price shopping, not just look for who charges the least for a baby.

Have a great time on whatever you choose.

Best,

Mia

I believe Camp Carnival will not take any children under two years of age. Hope this helps!

Carnival does take under-2s in their late night group sitting (I think from 10pm on) for an extra charge per hour. You have to sign up for it earlier in the day for the night you want it.

Best,

Mia

Archived