Parking at pier in New York

Cruishappy@aol.com

Parking at the Red Hook pier is safe and very close to the terminal. Its $20.00 the first day and $18.00 thereafter---NY prices(actually on the low side for NY)..Its behind barbed wire within the patrolled area of the pier.

If you do a search I have posted pictures of it before.

Could someone please advise me on the parking arrangements for the Pier in New York ---- Is it a safe and protected area --- what is the cost --- how convenient is it to the ship --- would appreciate any information -- thanks

Dear Crushappy,

As you are on the Cunard Board, I believe that you would be talking about the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal in Redhook Brooklyn.

Below I have attached the website for that terminal:

http://www.nycruiseterminal.com/parkBKN.html

The price is $18.00 per day for multiple days parking.

You do not have to make reservations for space within the terminal grounds. The lot is an open air (no enclosed building parking) parking lot. It is gated, well lite and the parking is very close to the terminal itself. That is, not really near the outside city streets.

As I have mentioned, it is close to the terminal building. So when you are finish droping off the luggage, you can parking near the entrance of the terminal.

I am not sure when you will be cruising, but the Princess Line also docks there at certain times of the year also. But, don't worry. There is plenty of space for everyone, but an early arrival gets you a space closer to the terminal.

Hope this information helps you.

A million thanks for your most informative response --- we will be cruising

l2-l0-07

Dear Cruishappy,

No Problem!

Will write to you soon at your personal email address.

Enjoy your 10day cruise on the Mary. Also, you will enjoy if all goes well, a very efficent embarkation from the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal. We always were satisified with our departures from there even though some will write another story of displeasure.

I looked you your cruise on Cruise Cal and you will be the only one leaving from NYC. You will have company in Tortola with Carnival Liberty and Costa Fortuna. In St Kitts, RCCL Legend of the Seas will be in also. In Barbados, the Seaborne Pride will be in. And in St Thomas, the Carnival Destiny will in also. All other ports you will be the only ship as of now.

Write to you soon......

Archived