Packing bags for cruise tour /land first

DiaH

Is it true that you are only allowed certain size bags for traveling on the land portion? DH and I are only taking 1 large roller bag each with all of our clothes for the entire trip plus one small bag for souvinirs and shoes plus our backpacks.

Should I be repacking tonight???

Thanks

Every company has different rules - some have baggage restrictions, some don't. In some cases the restrictions are determined by the type of transport you're using. In some cases the restriction is a certain size, in others it's weight. It will be in your documentation somewhere obvious.

I suppose the fastest way to answer this is to call my travel agent and I did.

He said on Princess for the landtours (well, at least the one we're on) if you're spending more than one night at Denali then you can take everything, nothing, or part of your luggage.

This makes me happy since we pack to minimize our lugging of luggage.

Thanks.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DiaH:
I suppose the fastest way to answer this is to call my travel agent and I did.

He said on Princess for the landtours (well, at least the one we're on) if you're spending more than one night at Denali then you can take everything, nothing, or part of your luggage.

This makes me happy since we pack to minimize our lugging of luggage.

Thanks.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

my dh & I usually only bring one suitcase each, but for Alaska (8 nights land first) we packed our cruise only clothes in one bag and our land clothes in the other (mixing his and hers). We started out in Fairbanks, but sent our cruise only bags on ahead to the ship - next time we saw that bag was on board the Coral Princess.

The restrictions, as your travel agent told you, are if you are only spending one night in Denali, you can only bring an overnight bag because that is all you can get on the train.

Archived