White Star Luggage-good experience

We2Cruzers

Hi all,

My husband and I just returned from our QM crossing and I wanted to provide some feedback on White Star Luggage service to those who might be thinking of using them. It worked out really well for us - they made an appointment to pick up our bags two weeks prior to our cruise and they showed up on time and took away our luggage. The day we embarked at Southampton we boarded fairly early (around Noon) and our bags didn't beat us to our cabin - but they arrived very shortly thereafter. All was well with our luggage and it was wonderful not to have to worry about hauling it ourselves as we were traveling to Edinburgh first and didn't need anything but really causual clothing. We got to fly out of NY with only our carry-ons to take care of - and it made for a much better experience overall. So for those of you on this board that have thought about using them - yes, there is an extra expense - but it is really helpful if you either can't physically lug your stuff - or are travelling elsewhere prior to your cruise. I've gotten such great info from these boards, that I just felt I should pass this along.

Happy cruising.

Hi all,

My husband and I just returned from our QM crossing and I wanted to provide some feedback on White Star Luggage service to those who might be thinking of using them. It worked out really well for us - they made an appointment to pick up our bags two weeks prior to our cruise and they showed up on time and took away our luggage. The day we embarked at Southampton we boarded fairly early (around Noon) and our bags didn't beat us to our cabin - but they arrived very shortly thereafter. All was well with our luggage and it was wonderful not to have to worry about hauling it ourselves as we were traveling to Edinburgh first and didn't need anything but really causual clothing. We got to fly out of NY with only our carry-ons to take care of - and it made for a much better experience overall. So for those of you on this board that have thought about using them - yes, there is an extra expense - but it is really helpful if you either can't physically lug your stuff - or are travelling elsewhere prior to your cruise. I've gotten such great info from these boards, that I just felt I should pass this along.

Happy cruising.

Thanks for posting this! I'm thinking about trying the service this Dec. Did you have to box up the suitcase, or do they take it as is?

Kathy

I also had a good experience with the luggage service. I was travelling for business prior to my cruise, so I shipped my bag from Oregon to Southampton. The bag was in my cabin when I arrived. A bit pricey but worth it to avoid shlepping the bag around for a week prior.

Kathy, you don't have to box up the suitcase, they attach the tags directly to it. Just watch the weight; you'd be surprised what an empty suitcase weighs!

Julia

It is true that the bags themselves can weigh quite a bit. My husband helped calculate by first weighing himself without the bag - and then with the bag empty to see the weight of the bag itself. Then - once the bag was packed, he picked it up and reweighed. We paid in advance for the amount we estimated per bag (50 pounds) and were told if we had gone over or under we would be billed or credited accordingly. Again, it is pricey, but what a great relief not to have to deal with the bags and be free of thinking about the necessary formal wear until time to cruise.

LK

Archived