HELP! Beach? Resort? Restaurant?

jawdad

Great advise all over this board...and I have had so many questions answered...and, at times, the more I read...the more questions I have.

For you Aruba locals or frequent visitors...here's how I imagine my ideal day in Aruba...now can you tell me exactly where in Aruba I can make it happen??

Coming in late February on AOS...

We'd like to spend a day at a nice sandy beach....laying in chairs, swimming, maybe snorkel if available (not priority), and be lazy and people watch. Need a beach with drinks available and somewhere decent for lunch.

After day in sun we'd like to enjoy a nice early dinner....with seating on the beach before boarding ship at around 8pm.

I need to know what beach or resort your would recommend...and what beach restaurants to not miss???

Plus, if there is something else that is a MUST SEE in Aruba...tell me about that too. Neither of us have ever been to Aruba prior. Thanks for your help!!

Can't wait to visit!

jawdad- have you checked these threads for info?

Question about Palm Beach?

Aruba Beach~Help!

Once you narrow your choice down to an area let us know and we can make some restaurant suggestions which are close by. Right now I am thinking that Gilligan's at the Radisson may be a good choice http://dinearuba.com/Documents/Gilligan's.pdf or Moomba's http://moombabeach.com/component/

Arubalisa...

Thanks for showing the threads...I have now went thru all of them...but I remain a bit confused about something. I love the look of Moomba Beach for the bar and restaurant. My question is this...if we have a cab bring us there first thing...do we just walk thru this place to the beach? And are there chairs available there or nearby?

Maybe I am overthinking this... so tell me if this is right: Take a cab from the ship to Palm Beach (high rise area). Enter thru a resort??? Or enter by the Radisson as you explained in thread??? Vendors are available to rent chairs and umbrellas at various points...but especially by the pier?? Various bars and restaurants offer food & drink service on the beach? Watersports are readily available if wanted.

How does that sound? Am I on the right track?

Various bars and restaurants offer food & drink service on the beach?
You basically have the idea.

Watersports are readily available if wanted.
Watersports and vendors renting chaises are located all along Palm Beach. The resorts along Palm Beach all have restaurants and bars. The only places where you would not have that access are the Riu and Occidental which are all inclusive only.

Moomba is located between the Holiday Inn and Marriott Surf Club. You can take a taxi directly there. Part of their business is dedicated to serving the cruise ship passengers, so you will be welcomed.

header5.jpg

You could access the beach through the lobby of any of the resorts (not so sure about the Occidental and Riu), or there is a walkway from the street to the beach between:

• Riu and Radisson which puts you onto the beach at De Palm Pier or
  • between the Playa Linda and Holiday Inn which puts you at the Pelican Pier
  • There was another between the Hyatt and Occidental, but not positive that one is still open

...but especially by the pier??
De Palm Pier? They are spread out up and down the beach. We just find the 2 vendors near the Radisson convenient because of the ease of access (see above), there is a bar and grill, Bugaloe, at the end of De Palm Pier as well as another place on the pier which sells sodas, coffee, sandwiches etc and food and beverage from the Radisson.

Archived