Beach With Swimming And Sea Turtles

#1TravelMom

Does anyone know of a beach that is nice for swimming and seeing turtles. Some in our group want a beautiful beach others want to try to swim out and see turtles - any suggestions?

A tall order, my friend.

The Hawksbill turtles graze off Dottins Reef that runs perhaps 1/2 mile West of St. James Parish between Holetown and Speightstown on our West Coast.

Many days they can be seen from shore a few hundred yards from the Lonestar Restaurant just north of Holetown in Mt. Steadfast (4-5 miles north of the cruise dock). A close beach would be Mullins, or Folkstone.

Your chance meeting is a long commitment. Perhaps a dangerous one. A 200-300 yard swim out and the same back I would only recommend for the best of young athletes.

Please reconsider and catch a lift out, visit and get a lift back.

If you fall in love with these wonderful, protected creatures, please come back and stay on our south coast and watch them nest (May-October), it is a sight to behold.

My best wishes for a wonderful stay. :)

A tall order, my friend.

The Hawksbill turtles graze off Dottins Reef that runs perhaps 1/2 mile West of St. James Parish between Holetown and Speightstown on our West Coast.

Many days they can be seen from shore a few hundred yards from the Lonestar Restaurant just north of Holetown in Mt. Steadfast (4-5 miles north of the cruise dock). A close beach would be Mullins, or Folkstone.

Your chance meeting is a long commitment. Perhaps a dangerous one. A 200-300 yard swim out and the same back I would only recommend for the best of young athletes.

Please reconsider and catch a lift out, visit and get a lift back.

If you fall in love with these wonderful, protected creatures, please come back and stay on our south coast and watch them nest (May-October), it is a sight to behold.

My best wishes for a wonderful stay. :)

If you go to one of these beaches - are there people who will take you out to see the turtles? Thanks

Archived