Children Switching Cabins - Need to Notify Purser's Desk?

OceanDreamin

On our upcoming cruise I "Lent" my daughter to my friend, Jill, so that she could take advantage of my DD's past guest discount for her cabin. The result is that my friend Jill, MY 6 year old DD and Jil''s 7 year old DD are booked into one cabin, and Jill's 5 year old DD is booked into my cabin (next door).

I know with adults you just go to the Purser's desk and let them know you are switching cabins and get the S&S account situation straightened out. Since this switch involves a 6 year old and a 5 year old, neither of whom will have charging privileges on their S&S cards, does it matter which room they are sleeping in? Do we need to go to the Purser's office and let them know the girls are switching cabins?

It doesn't matter. When I was on Disney Magic, they didn't allow 5 people to a Cat 6 cabin. And at the time, my kids were 4 and 8 months old...AND my sister in law wanted to come with us. So we booked connecting cabins with friends. I booked my Sister In Law into my friend's cabin.

She asked for a separate charging account (which you wouldn't need). And she just slept in our cabin.

They will never notice a child cabin hopping. ;)

Archived