Just Back from Glory 9/22 Sailing AWESOME

Hogladyrider

Home, unpacked and working on photos and a review from our 9/22-9/29 sailing of Glory.

Our 8th on Carnival and our best/favorite so far. Our first aft balcony and we could have stayed there forever!

Four ports, it was a surprise right up until the day before we sailed and we loved it that way.

Cozumel, Belize, Rotan and Freeport.

The weather was awesome, flat seas all the way. Rotan was a HUGE hit.

Will write more later!

Susan

PS-took over 200 photos and we saw Inspiration in dry dock in Freeport

I'm so excited to hear about your trip and see all your pictures. My family DH, & DS's 13 & 9 and friends with the same age kids are sailing on glory 11/3/07. This is our first carnival cruise, we have sailed disney twice before though. We still to date do not know where we are going also, its western iternary for us too, but carnival has not changed anything yet. Can't wait to hear what you did on Roatan. We are booked for dophin swim in cozumel. And we booked Carnival's excursion for the beach in Belize. :D :D :D :D

If you click on the link in my signature it will take you to view all 230 of our Glory Western photos.

There are photos of our aft balcony, Empress deck 7442.

Most photos were taken from the aft balcony of leaving and arriving in port.

Cozumel we did the ship excursion Fury Deluxe snorkel, beach break and party......snorkeling was POOR but the entire excursion was a lot of fun and we'd do it again in a heartbeat. It was well worth the $55. After you snorkel there is free beer, soda and margarittas and they take you to a private beach area for an hour then dancing all the way back to the ship.

Belize, we did no excursions, just went ashore via tender. It was our first time in Belize. My recommendation is book a shore excursion thru the ship. Tender is a LONG way from shore and the shopping at the port is just so so. Next time we book an excursion but we were happy with our choice for the day.

Rotan - AWESOME lush beauty, but a very poor place. We did the ship excursion Tambayna Beach day which was like heaven on earth. We chose this because we could return to the ship at our leisure. The snorkeling was on our own and FABULOUS. The photos speak for themselves and there is shopping at the resort.

Freeport we went to the beach on our own, took a taxi $5 pp each way. Locals are very pushy in the Bahamas. We went to Lucaya beach, was a lot of fun, water was much cooler than in Rotan but it was another great beach day.

Any questions ask away, because I'm sure my review will be very long.

Susan

Our 8th on Carnival and our best/favorite so far.

Susan, I'm so glad to hear that it was a great time for you, as I know there had been some 'rumblings' about the ports prior to sailing. The previous week was full of smooth seas for us doing the Glory Eastern, so I'm glad to read that you had the same for that next week as well. Just about to check out your photos now.

Was surprised to hear the comment about Inspiration, as I was under the impression it was drydocked here in the States. Guess not.

Again, welcome back!!

Susan, thank you so much for taking the time to post the pictures. They were excellent!!! We will be on the Glory Oct. 20, also doing the western. It sounds like maybe we will be going to Progresso instead of Roatan. Did you find out your itinerary once you got on the ship, or beforehand? Did you need any special papers for the Bahamas? I read something about immigration papers, but can't seem to get a clear answer. How was the food? Did you have early or late dining? How about the service?

Susan, thank you so much for taking the time to post the pictures. They were excellent!!! We will be on the Glory Oct. 20, also doing the western. It sounds like maybe we will be going to Progresso instead of Roatan. Did you find out your itinerary once you got on the ship, or beforehand? Did you need any special papers for the Bahamas? I read something about immigration papers, but can't seem to get a clear answer. How was the food? Did you have early or late dining? How about the service?

We did not find out actual confirmation of our ports until we were boarding, they handed out a paper with the port information, we loved the anticipation of a surprise.

Bahamas immigration papers be prepared to fill out when you arrive at port prior to standing in line to embark the ship, not a problem, bring a pen with you.

Food was top notch every night, I asked my waiter for his recommendation and it was right on every night!

We requested 6:15 seating and were bumped up to 5:45 seating and we decided to keep it rather than change. We were in Platinum upper wich was just two floors down from our room!

Service was impeciable all the way around, our cabin steward greeted us by name always, as did our wait staff. Our cabin steward even gave us a couple bars of the sea kelp soap when I asked for some to take home. We provide extra gratuity for good service.

Our waiter, Mile, from Macedonia, was leaving the ship the same day we did for a 6-week vacation home. He was exceptional! He will be returning not to the Glory, he's done two contracts on Glory, but to the Pride in California.

Susan

Susan, I'm so glad to hear that it was a great time for you, as I know there had been some 'rumblings' about the ports prior to sailing. The previous week was full of smooth seas for us doing the Glory Eastern, so I'm glad to read that you had the same for that next week as well. Just about to check out your photos now.

Was surprised to hear the comment about Inspiration, as I was under the impression it was drydocked here in the States. Guess not.

Again, welcome back!!

Hey Don, thanks for the welcome home.

Inspiration started her dry dock in Charleston and completes it in Freeport. We got to see the new waterworks, it is black and yellow. There were cranes hanging off the ship in dry dock as well.

I never understood those "rumblings" on our roll call board over where we were going - but then there are all kinds of different people out there. I used to be majorly type "A" where everything had to be planned out; until I learned how unhealthy that is; now we go with the flow and enjoy that lifestyle. Thank heavens age brings us some wisdom!

Susan

Wonderful pictures!! Our group is leaving on the Glory this Saturday, October 6, and we still haven't been given a definite itinerary. We've decided that as long as we're on the boat with drink in hand, it doesn't matter where we're going!!:p

We too sailed on the 9/22 sailing, susan I missed the meet and greet to unpack and totally forgot to deliver that business card I had for you, if you leave an email addy I can send it. I have posted a quick review of our experience in another thread.

Home, unpacked and working on photos

nd a review from our 9/22-9/29 sailing of Glory.

Our 8th on Carnival and our best/favorite so far. Our first aft balcony and we could have stayed there forever!

Four ports, it was a surprise right up until the day before we sailed and we loved it that way.

Cozumel, Belize, Rotan and Freeport.

The weather was awesome, flat seas all the way. Rotan was a HUGE hit.

Will write more later!

Susan

PS-took over 200 photos and we saw Inspiration in dry dock in Freeport

What beach did you go to in Rotan?

Just wanted to thank you for taking the time to provide more info - We will be on Glory 10/6 and still no definite itinerary - so hopefully - we will be following the same one you had . . . the pix are great!

Really appreciate your sharing!!!!

Happy Travels!

Ani

Susan,

Great Pictures! We have the same cabin on November 3rd, can't wait.:D A couple questions: Do the beaches you went to have snorkel gear you can rent or do you need to bring your own? Since we don't know for sure what ports we will be going to, how are they handling the shore excursions through the ship. I can't book on the Carnivals site because we don't know where we are going yet.

Thanks for any info.

Brenda

We too sailed on the 9/22 sailing, susan I missed the meet and greet to unpack and totally forgot to deliver that business card I had for you, if you leave an email addy I can send it. I have posted a quick review of our experience in another thread.

YES, I'm still interested in the business card info....e-mail: susanand@gmail.com

Thanks.

PS-majority of folks missed the meet and greet but that's ok! I will look for your post on the cruise.

Susan

I too just got back from the Sept 22nd sailing on the Glory. I had a wonderful time and i must say that Wee Jimmy (Ralph Valente) the cruise director was such a joy. He made us laugh EVERY day! I would love to sail with him again! I am new to this forum and thought i would post. I too have LOTS of pics from the cruise!!

We are also leaving Oct 20th. Wonder when we'll get confirmation of the ports. We had read on another site (cruisecal?) that we'd be at Key West, Progreso, Cozumel and Nassau. Would much prefer the ports you went to - i.e. Roatan and Belize. sure hope we go there.

I also sailed on the Glory 092207. Left home p.m. on Thursday eve. 092007. Well when I got home early a.m. this morning I listened to my phone messages. On Friday morning 10:00 a.m. 092107 I was left a message regarding the Glory itinerary. So I actually was notified before hand where the Glory would be sailing. I too had a WONDERFUL week and will write a review at a later date.

Archived