CruisinMama06...? about limo in FLL

Paleochick

Crusinmama - I believe you are the one who has used Larry's Limo in south Florida before. We're going to use them post cruise since we have several hours to kill before our flight. I spoke to them on the phone tonight. They are very nice. I forgot to ask them how I'll find them after we get off the ship. The rate they gave me included the gratuity. Do you tip on top of that rate? The gratuity was 20%. Does all of that go to the driver? I'm normally a taxi girl, so this private car thing is new. Thanks for the tip. Their service will solve our problem of what to do for 3 hours post cruise before we need to head to the airport. Thanks for your time!:D

I've used Larry's Limo and they were great. They asked me to plan to be off the ship for a 9am pickup and then call on my cell when we were in front of the terminal. The car came around and picked us up. Very professional driver - car was immaculate.

When a 20% gratuity is built in for a service like this, I generally don't tip extra unless the person does something well beyond expectations. That's about the amount I would have expected to tip anyway.

jean

I have never used Larry's Limos but I *may* next time. I usually use Florida Towncar Service. I wasn't happy with their service the last time.

Usually, they are very organzed. They weren't this last time.

But what usually happens is exactly what greenpony said - you give them a "general" pick up time with instructions to call them when you are getting off the ship. When you get off the ship, you may have to ask where the drivers are allowed to stand. In certain ports, the drivers have to stay across the street. When you find the drivers, they usually are holding signs with the family name on it.

Pending on service, you can tip over the recomended 20%. But that's all up to you. We've had a driver that gave us a tour of the area...history/fun facts. That guy got extra. Then we had a driver that didn't speak at all, he got the recomended 20%. ;)

Crusinmama - I believe you are the one who has used Larry's Limo in south Florida before. We're going to use them post cruise since we have several hours to kill before our flight. I spoke to them on the phone tonight. They are very nice. I forgot to ask them how I'll find them after we get off the ship. The rate they gave me included the gratuity. Do you tip on top of that rate? The gratuity was 20%. Does all of that go to the driver? I'm normally a taxi girl, so this private car thing is new. Thanks for the tip. Their service will solve our problem of what to do for 3 hours post cruise before we need to head to the airport. Thanks for your time!:D

Thanks for the help. They were very helpful on the phone. They made suggestions for places to hang out in the FLL area until our flight. Thanks again.

Paleochick, do you mind sharing how much they quoted you? We also have a late flight and had tossed around the limo idea. I just have no idea how much it might cost.

We're getting a 7 passenger SUV (we have too much luggage for a town car). The cost (incl. 20% gratuity) is $66/hr (Town car was $10 cheaper). If you go hourly like that, there's a 3 hour minimum. If you're going port to airport, it would be cheaper, I'm sure.

Archived