NCL's new ship...

amjdcm

NCL's new F3 class will be slightly smaller than RCI's Freedom class, both in size and passengers accomodiations. As for booking a cruise on it, I don't expect NCL wil post any until May/June 2008 at the earliest, when NCL posts the rest of the 2009-2010 winter cruises. The first F3 is scheduled to be delivered in October 2009.

Here's a list I've made for new ship sizes, with the number of passengers (lower bunks).

(A) 220,000 tons RCI's Genesis Class (5,400 passengers)

#1 Unnamed* and #2 Unnamed*

(B) 158,000 tons RCI's Freedom Class (4,370 passengers)

#1 Freedom of the Seas #2 Liberty of the Seas, and #3 Independence of the Seas*

© 150,000 tons NCL's F3 Class (4,200 passengers)

#1 Unnamed*, and #2 Unnamed*

(D) 150,000 tons Cunard's Queen Mary 2 (2,620 passengers)

(E) 138,000 tons RCI's Voyager Class (3,600 passengers)

#1 Voyager of the Seas, #2 Explorer of the Seas, #3 Adventure of the Seas, #4 Navigator of the Seas, and #5 Mariner of the Seas

(F) 133,500 tons MSC's Fantasia Class (3,887 passengers)

#1 Fantasia*, and #2 Splendida*

(G) 130,000 tons Carnival's Dream class (3,652 passengers)

#1 Carnival Dream*, and #2 Carnival Magic*

(H) 122,000 tons Disney's ? class (2,500 passengers)

#1 Unnamed*, and #2 Unnamed*

(I) 118,000 tons Celebrity's Solistice class (2,850 passengers)

#1 Solstice*, #2 Equinox*, #3 Eclipse*, and #4 Unnamed*

(J) 116,000 tons P&O's Ventura class (3,100 passengers)

#1 Ventura*, and #2 Unnamed*

(K) 116,000 tons Princess' Caribbean class (3,080 passengers)

#1 Caribbean Princess, #2 Crown Princess, #3 Emerald Princess, and #4 Ruby Princess*

(L) 113,000 Princess' Diamond class (2,600 passengers)

#1 Diamond Princess, and #2 Sapphire Princess

(M) 112,000 tons Costa's Concordia class (3,780 passengers)

#1 Costa Concordia, #2 Costa Serena*, and #3 Costa Pacifica*

(N) 110,000 tons Carnval's Conquest class (3,700 passengers)

#1 Carnival Conquest, #2 Carnival Glory, #3 Carnival Valor, #4 Carnival Liberty, #5 Carnival Freedom, and #6 Carnival Splendor* (slightly larger than her sisters at 113,000 tons, some would put it in a class by itself)

(O) 109,000 tons Princess' Grand class (2,600 passengers)

#1 Grand Princess, #2 Golden Princess, and #3 Star Princess

(P) 105,000 tons Costa's Fortuna class (3,300 passengers)

#1 Costa Fortuna, and #2 Costa Magica

(Q) 101,000 tons Carnival's Destiny class (3,400 passengers)

#1 Carnival Destiny, #2 Carnival Triumph, and #3 Carnival Victory

That's all the ships I'm aware of that are sized over 100,000 tons. * means ship on order or being built today. Believe it or not, there are cruise ships being built that are sized less than 100,000 tons.

NCL's new F33 class will be slightly smaller than RCI's Freedom class, both in size and passengers accomodiations.

Here's a list I've made for new ship sizes, with the number of passengers (lower bunks).

(A) 220,000 tons RCI's Genesis Class (5,400 passengers)

#1 Unnamed* and #2 Unnamed*

This ship will make for some fun cruises! When Docked in Miami I think you'll be able to walk to the next port! :eek: I know many will like that, but to me the ships are already big enough (if not already too big)

There is an unconfirmed report that at least one of the ships will be named the Odyssey. Does that mean the other will be named the Iliad?

Having read both those in HS and then again in a college humanities class all I can do is groan ;)

-Monte

There is an unconfirmed report that at least one of the ships will be named the Odyssey. Does that mean the other will be named the Iliad?

I certainly hope not. Ancient Greek classical literature and "Casual" or "Freestyle" just don't go well together. Ancient Greek literature fits Celebrity or other blue nose upscale cruise lines better than NCL.

I just hope it's not named after another stone. :D

What would be wrong with the Norway 2? Hmmmm, that might bring back too many memories of the original Norway. :(

How about going back into NCL's past instead, the Seaward for #1, the Windward for #2, and hopefully the Leeward for #3? :)

Or something entirely new, like naming them after someting associated with Norway, like Fiords and Glaciers? Too Norge? Or naming them after seas, like Norwegian, Caribbean, Baltic, Mediterranean? Like their

decks? Or a name that reflects how huge they are? Hmmm, what about Titantic and Gigantic?

I'm running out of ideas fast! :D

I

How about going back into NCL's past instead, the Seaward for #1, the Windward for #2, and hopefully the Leeward for #3? :)

Well, you might be running out of ideas, but I think the one I left is my favorite! Good job

Cruise critic has an article on the F3's today and they report that every cabin will have a balcony(I assume some will open on an atrium) and still no name announced....sounds like a contest coming to me....

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=2218

Thanks for the link! 2 things come to mind for me:

1) Well, at least we won't see any "should I get a balcony" discussions about these ships

2) Contest? Oh boy, maybe another chance for the world to know that Monte is a loser!

-Monte

Archived