What can onboard credit be applied toward?

fl2go

I am cruising to Hawaii in November 07 and plan to book a second cruise to Bermuda while onboard. I have reviewed many messages about the benefits of doing this but cannot find any info about what the $100 onboard credit can be used toward. Are there any limitations regarding how the credit can be used? For example, what about drinks, specialty restaurant charges, tips, etc.???

I am cruising to Hawaii in November 07 and plan to book a second cruise to Bermuda while onboard. I have reviewed many messages about the benefits of doing this but cannot find any info about what the $100 onboard credit can be used toward. Are there any limitations regarding how the credit can be used? For example, what about drinks, specialty restaurant charges, tips, etc.???

Our onboard credit just went straight to our onboard account. It didn't seem to matter what was charged on the account, $100 was deducted off the total.

Thx to all who replied to this thread!

If I may expand this question ,,, must you use all credit on the current cruise? For example, my DH and I would like to purchase the maximum allowable (4 $250 certificates pp @ 2K total) and would like to use the credit ($400pp @ $800 total) toward multiple cruises if needed. We have already paid for our current cruise and would like to save some credit for our future cruise if we choose not to spend $800 credit on our current cruise.

Correct me on my logic here but I'm thinking the optimum would be to split the $800 credit between 2 cruises to take maximize the our benefit and save cost down the road.

What about coupons from the NCL coupon book we received? If we get two for one dining with a coupon, can we still use the onboard credit just like it was cash and only pay for the first one?

What about coupons from the NCL coupon book we received? If we get two for one dining with a coupon, can we still use the onboard credit just like it was cash and only pay for the first one?

That would be fair game for the credit. Like someone already said. Any charges incurred to your stateroom during the voyage would be deducted from the credit applied to your stateroom. If you truly had an 800 cabin credit, the 15 per person charge at the specialty restaurant would be deducted from the 800 credit (remaining credit 785 and so on)

Correct me on my logic here but I'm thinking the optimum would be to split the $800 credit between 2 cruises to take maximize the our benefit and save cost down the road.

I don't think you can carry the credits forward. However, the amount you paid for the future credits is charged to your OBC. So the cost of the future booking is really $150.

That's how it worked last year on the Dawn.

We had credit for a NCLA POH cruise last Feb and could use it for drinks, gift shop purchases and shore excursions. When I got the final statement, they did not use it toward the "gratuities" portion of the bill and I had some credit left so I ran to the gift shop and bought some extra goodies to take home as a reminder of the trip. I think I left a $.49 balance on the account but at least got to use the credit. If I had known that it could not be used for automatic tips, I would have gotten a few more Mojitos or another bottle of wine at dinner. We tipped our room steward extra in cash as that could not be applied to the credit either.

On other cruise lines I have been able to apply credit toward the gratuities. Each line must have different rules. You might want to ask at the information desk.

Have fun on you cruises,

Ruth

Archived