Nassau for 5 hours?

readytolose

We will only be in Nassau from 1pm until 6pm. I also know that we need to be back to the ship at least 30 minutes before it leaves the port (although I'm sure I'll want to be back before that because I'll be too afraid of missing it)

My question is what is there to do in this short time frame? I really like the idea of going to Atlantis but I don't think there is enough time for that.

Any suggestions on what to do?

hi...I would check out the excursions the ship has to offer, We went last month and part of our group went on the catamaran snorkle trip and they really liked it, they said the tour was pretty good. We took a cab to the Atlantis, it was nice. We have been there several times and this was our first to Atlantis. You could also just walk around the port area, It is not to bad just walking around. I usually run into the straw market for specific items...

Even with just a few hours, you can still hit Atlantis. Grab a cab at the port. It takes about five minutes to get there. Do not go by water taxi, much slower!

Or you can just hang around downtown. Decent shops, and you can climb the Queen's Staircase to Fort Fincastle and take in the great views. We did that last time in Nassau and loved it. Spectacular scenery from up there. Its about a ten minute walk from the dock.

There is time to go to Atlantis. Plenty, really. You will be off the ship by 1:30, take a cab to Atlantis, you are there by 2, so you have 3 hours.

Or walk to the hilton, get a day pass, and sit by the pool/ocean. From there you can get a 2:30 snorkel trip.

Plenty of time.

or go to the straw market and shop for 3 hours. Not my idea of fun...but.

:)

We will only be in Nassau from 1pm until 6pm. I also know that we need to be back to the ship at least 30 minutes before it leaves the port (although I'm sure I'll want to be back before that because I'll be too afraid of missing it)

My question is what is there to do in this short time frame? I really like the idea of going to Atlantis but I don't think there is enough time for that.

Any suggestions on what to do?

We were not there long either, but had a great time. There are cabs waiting to take you to Atlantis and the 'Cabbage Beach' area. It only took about 7 minutes to get there. We had time to go there and hit Senor Frog's for a little while.

Archived