Champagne?

bruce&karen

Hi Bruce! I like this question!!!! OK, they have bubbly for Anniversary packages, but what about birthdays? Anything special then? We will be celebrating both mine and my DH birthdays. Champagne would be fantastic!

Is that as fake as it sounds?

Matthew

Yes and No. I don't think anyone outside the Champagne region should be using the name, the word, but it's not bad-tasting at all. Sort of the same flavour profile of the Perrier Jouet, but a small step down.

Malcolm,

See...I finally got your name right. You either have lots of patience or are

used to everyone messing up your name.

Thanks for the info! Yes the champagne and a picture of Karen and I in our formals will do just fine, and I can't see the waiters singing to us either. We should let them know.

Bruce

The waiters don't sing to you on your Anniversary, just your Birthday. ;)

You also need to fax them your wedding certificate from the US, as well, and you also get some flowers and a **suitable for framing**! Happy Anniversary certificate from the Captain and the crew, in addition to the coupon good for one free picture, the champagne (well, it's Korbel), oh, and they gave us a cake at dinner (again, no singing). Some of the waitstaff and the Maitre'd came sneaking up to our table with the cake--they were very cute. They had it sent upstairs to our cabin, and I had some the next day. The kind thought was the best part of the cake, but don't consider that a complaint. If I hadn't been so tired I may have been able to eat more cake. :p

So yes, definitely do the Anniversary thing--we did it for the bubbly stuff but everything else was fun and neat, too.

The waiters don't sing to you on your Anniversary, just your Birthday. ;)

You also need to fax them your wedding certificate from the US, as well, and you also get some flowers and a **suitable for framing**! Happy Anniversary certificate from the Captain and the crew, in addition to the coupon good for one free picture, the champagne (well, it's Korbel), oh, and they gave us a cake at dinner (again, no singing). Some of the waitstaff and the Maitre'd came sneaking up to our table with the cake--they were very cute. They had it sent upstairs to our cabin, and I had some the next day. The kind thought was the best part of the cake, but don't consider that a complaint. If I hadn't been so tired I may have been able to eat more cake. :p

So yes, definitely do the Anniversary thing--we did it for the bubbly stuff but everything else was fun and neat, too.

Angela,

Thanks for the great info. I will have Karen locate a copy of our marriage certificate. It sounds like great fun!

Bruce

Hi Bruce! I like this question!!!! OK, they have bubbly for Anniversary packages, but what about birthdays? Anything special then? We will be celebrating both mine and my DH birthdays. Champagne would be fantastic!

For a Birthday you get a cake brought to the table at dinner on the night and the waiters sing to you! I think you also get a card.

Last May when we were on an Eastbound Transatlantic on the QM2 we were celebrating my wife's 50th. As the actual day was several days previously, I emailed Cunard and asked them if it was possible to arrange a Birthday cake for the cabin on embarkation. They said they'd check with the ship and confirmed it about a couple of weeks later. When we arrived there was this great chocolate confection garnished with fresh berries. More than enough for two pieces each. We had also ordered (and paid for) a bottle of Perrier Jouet which was very reasonably priced and very drinkable. That went down very nicely with the cake as we watched the saliway from New York sitting on our Deck 12 balcony. We also got a half bottle of Pol Acker which we did drink, but only so as not be rude! I wouldn't go there again though.

In fact later on in the trip we were dancing to some Motown tunes in the G32 when we were announced as the best dancers on the floor. (imagine my shock and embarassment;) )The fact that that I was swinging my kilt probably had a lot to do with it. Anyway our prize was a bottle of "champagne". Yep you've guessed it, a full bottle of Pol Acker all to ourselves! Yipee! Needless to say we'd learnt our lesson and left it for the cabin steward when we disembarked :D .

Happy drinking.

Eddie

Here you go, one "birthday cake" delivered to my husband with 4 singing waiters...he was embarrassed...my evil twin was in her glory!!! Of course they delivered it right after we'd all just polished off a very filling dessert....but I didn't let that stop me!! :D Didn't get a birthday card tho.

And I do remember hearing them sing Happy Anniversary several times during the week so beware...it could happen

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

November 10,2007...the “Affair” continues....

DSC00218.jpg.a6c10900c10f820c76487ae70271034e.jpg

Yes, absolutely. We can't let the classics die.

I agree. I'm assuming you're 100% serious (Angela? Serious?) but there was something very clever about both, whilst at the same time not being disrepectful of the original.

I've a wonderful CD of Anna Russell telling the story of the Ring. Very funny if you know no Wagner. Completely hysterical if you do....

Matthew

In fact later on in the trip we were dancing to some Motown tunes in the G32 when we were announced as the best dancers on the floor.

Anyway our prize was a bottle of "champagne". Yep you've guessed it, a full bottle of Pol Acker all to ourselves!

Eddie

Are you sure? The best dancers? :D A whole bottle of that stuff...*Shudder*

Right from now on dancing 'like your mum and dad at a wedding' that should ensure no 'prizes' :p

I agree. I'm assuming you're 100% serious (Angela? Serious?) but there was something very clever about both, whilst at the same time not being disrepectful of the original.

I've a wonderful CD of Anna Russell telling the story of the Ring. Very funny if you know no Wagner. Completely hysterical if you do....

Matthew

Yes, completely serious. Just the idea of, "Let's mix cartoons with opera", is so daringly brilliant I doubt they would have gotten made nowadays.

Matthew

Alas I know no Wagner

Except Adolf was his pal

I always thought the Ring Cycle

Was an intersection round Pall Mall

I like the sound of Cellos

As they trickle onto ice

A strange drink loved by cousins

The ones that don't chase mice

And present themselves on CC

As talking cats, and more

As ballroom dancers dancing

Upon the sacred floor

Of the QE2 of fame

Of (but not of) Celebrity

It's time to consign this poem(?)

To eternal eternity.

Well good Cunarders rich

Not so rich and poor

There's a caterwaullin' buidling

and a scratcin' at your door.

Maybe it's Sir Marin

Maybe the obese grey

Maybe it's Lord Stanley

So grand, so fine, so fey.

But maybe it's the bar bill

Your bank account to knacker

Maybe you shouldn't order

Quite so much Pol Acker.

Hic.

Here you go, one "birthday cake" delivered to my husband with 4 singing waiters...he was embarrassed...my evil twin was in her glory!!! Of course they delivered it right after we'd all just polished off a very filling dessert....but I didn't let that stop me!! :D Didn't get a birthday card tho.

And I do remember hearing them sing Happy Anniversary several times during the week so beware...it could happen

Cheers, Penny

Penny,

What about the Chippendale dancers for our b-days? I know it was mentioned in a past posting:p Heck with cake ;)

Betsy

Are you sure? The best dancers? :D A whole bottle of that stuff...*Shudder*

Right from now on dancing 'like your mum and dad at a wedding' that should ensure no 'prizes' :p

Yeah I know. That's what we thought. It's definately a punishemnt not a reward. Being thrown in the brig would be preferable to drinking Pol Acker. I pity the poor unsuspecting first-timers who drink it believing it's half decent, but I do suppose you have to learn the hard way!

Eddie

I had a parakeet....

I served five years.

I don't have to reply if I've no idea what the hell you're talking about, do I? Mind, it wasn't for the lack of trying, but if you'll recall, I chose drunkenness as my non compis mentalallowitzs and since I'm not...

Penny,

What about the Chippendale dancers for our b-days? I know it was mentioned in a past posting:p Heck with cake ;)

Betsy

Chippendales??? Are you kidding??? Be still my heart!! I wonder if they like silver hair??? VERY premature silver of course!!! I could celebrate my birthday on the NOv 10th trip...and do it legitimately too!! Where do I sign up for a visit from Chippendales....of course they don't HAVE to come to the dining room...a cabin visit will suffice :D Wouldn't want them to waste all that energy walking ALL the way thru Britannia you know....:rolleyes:

Cheers, Penny

Archived