stupid question

esttea

Will she need a pull-up that early? My son has been potty trained for several months but still wears a pull-up to bed. Rarely wets it though and if he does it's early in the morning, not late at night. (The reason I know this is that inevitably the few times he's gone to bed in underwear, he wets the bed--usally around 5-6am.) So he'll go to the club w/o a pull-up and we'll just put one on him when we get him back to the room.

If she wears a diaper or pull-up at night, then she's not "fully" potty-trained - and they won't want her in the kids' club with a diaper/pull-up.

Yeah I hate to say it but RCCL is REALLY strict when it comes to this. They say no pull-ups at all. :(

Do you think she'll be there past 10pm? My kids usually never make it past that time.

Would they allow a "cloth" pull up? Training pants, like these?

http://www.kushies.com/Cataloque/catalogue.html

My dd's preschool let me use padded underwear. It wasn't waterproof but if she had had an accident, at least it wouldn't have been as much as a mess.

http://www.pottytrainingsolutions.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=41&products_id=365

Just as a tip, don't feel you have to stop using the pull-ups only when the pull ups are completely dry in the morning. With two of mine, they were still wetting the pull-ups but once we took them away, they were dry at night. This tip has worked for some friends too. It can become a psychological game (pee in the pull-up but not in the big girl/boy pants).

I will also mention that my 3 1/2 year old, long trained, did have an accident on Celebrity. They really didn't make a fuss at all and she was allowed to continue to go there and had no more accidents. Apparently, this happens and they were cool about it. They are also usually game to letting you *try* once to see how your dd does. If you make it clear to the staff that you'll cooperate with their decision regarding the outcome, propose it to them honestly and I think they'll give it a go.

I will also mention that my 3 1/2 year old, long trained, did have an accident on Celebrity. They really didn't make a fuss at all and she was allowed to continue to go there and had no more accidents. Apparently, this happens and they were cool about it. They are also usually game to letting you *try* once to see how your dd does. If you make it clear to the staff that you'll cooperate with their decision regarding the outcome, propose it to them honestly and I think they'll give it a go.

It's a 3 strike policy on both RCCL and Celebrity. The child would have to have 3 accidents before they wouldn't allow the child back in. :)

One thing people need to be aware of is that as far as the ships are concerned fully potty trained means that the child can remember to go to the bathroom unassisted when the need arises.

This means, no one is going to remind your child that it's time, even if they are doing the "need to potty dance" and no one is going to take them to the bathroom and assist them with going.

A 3 year old who does well at home or daycare with someone watching for his/her signs of needing to go and where there is someone who will help with pants and wiping might not do well in the kid's clubs on a ship. Be prepared for mistakes.

1. They are in a strange new place.

2. They get involved in fun new things.

3. The bathrooms aren't familiar and the sounds they make are a little scary.

4. The kids club workers can easily range from "very helpful" to "outraged" when your child makes a mistake. Be prepared for "outraged". When a child has a mistake in the play area with the plastic balls, even if there isn't any wet balls, they have to close the whole thing down, and wash the balls....this makes for very unhappy kids club people.

5. Don't expect that an older child will help a younger one, because they are often involved with other things and sometimes even in another room or area of the ship.

Twice we have brought 3 years olds who were "completely" potty trained, at home, who didn't do so well in the kids club. :(

Archived