NextCruise questions (merged)

Thanks for all your information. We are doing a 7 nighter on the Mariner in Feb. 09. We were going to cancel and rebook onboard but I found out we didn't even have to do that. That they would do that for us onboard our Jan. 08 cruise. Anyways, thanks:)

What is the expiration of the deposit and OBC? I have heard 2 years, 3 years, and never expires? Does anyone know for sure?

Thanks!

NextCruise Booking Option has NO expiration date and is good forever as is the OBC that goes with it determined by length of sailing.

Thanks for the reply...I could have sworn one time I had this explained and it was less credit if you didn't have a specific sailing picked out. My problem is that I never plan years in advance like it seems everyone else does. So I've never met with the future cruises desk. Maybe next time I will. Is the credit per cabin, i.e. there's no advantage to booking all three of us? Does a future credit "expire"? I know, there's no reason to let them hold your money forever, but I'd still like to know.

Filled out paperwork on Rhapsody cruise. Deposit was not on my seapass card on debarkation. Received credit card bill and there was an extra purchase, but no deposit added. Been trying to work with RCL, but they just send emails on how it works. Called and asked, if I booked then and there with them if they would honor OBC. The answer was no, you must book onboard.

We filled out our paperwork on the day before we docked on the SOS. The charge showed up twice on our credit card, not our sea pass account, and they caught their mistake and credited one of the $200 charges. Our paperwork came via email a week or so later.

Filled out paperwork on Rhapsody cruise. Deposit was not on my seapass card on debarkation. Received credit card bill and there was an extra purchase, but no deposit added. Been trying to work with RCL, but they just send emails on how it works. Called and asked, if I booked then and there with them if they would honor OBC. The answer was no, you must book onboard.

Did you get a receipt or booking confirmation id #?

I always get one and request it be emailed to me also.

When I book a nextcruise I make an appt. with the LA onboard and get a confirmation before I leave the ship. I do not fill out the form and drop it in a box.

Your credit card extra purchase should have a number and if it does, you can check what it was for from that.

Good luck.

Will the loyalty Ambassador give me a receipt at the time of our meeting? I would prefer it that way so I can look it over with the L.A. right there in case of any mistakes or misunderstanding. I would rather get one right away instead of the L.A. sending me one later during the cruise in case there is a mistake and they are unavailable to meet with me again to fix any problems

Will the loyalty Ambassador give me a receipt at the time of our meeting? I would prefer it that way so I can look it over with the L.A. right there in case of any mistakes or misunderstanding. I would rather get one right away instead of the L.A. sending me one later during the cruise in case there is a mistake and they are unavailable to meet with me again to fix any problems

Make an appt with the LA and sit down with her/him.....Make sure you let them know you want a receipt .........You should get it then....

The ones who have trouble with not getting one, are the ones who just fill out a form and put it in a box........they did not sit down with the LA.......

I,have been fortunate and gotten my receipts before leaving the ship(even though I just filled out the form and put it in a box)......

But if you want to be sure,make an appt...........there will be an appt book you can fill in your name and time right by the LA desk......even when they are not on duty..........

Thanks for all your information. We are doing a 7 nighter on the Mariner in Feb. 09. We were going to cancel and rebook onboard but I found out we didn't even have to do that. That they would do that for us onboard our Jan. 08 cruise. Anyways, thanks:)

The thing is if you wait till Jan to book onboard to get the OBC,chances are the rates will go up more than the $100 worth of OBC........

Of course,if you dont have a Next Cruise in your pocket now or another cruise booked before that,you'll have to take a chance and hope the rates dont go up...

comes off the real deposit that you are billed by RCCL when you book the cruise you are using it for. 1 week would be $300 since $200 is paid & a $100 OBC. Over 10 nts will be $700 deposit since you paid $200 & $200 OBC.

I understand the OBC, but the $200 I paid in advance needs to be credited against a cruise fare somewhere. I would assume they will apply it to my final payment thus reducing what I owe at that time.

I didn't pre-pay $200 to get $50 OBC alone.

Did you get a receipt or booking confirmation id #?

I always get one and request it be emailed to me also.

When I book a nextcruise I make an appt. with the LA onboard and get a confirmation before I leave the ship. I do not fill out the form and drop it in a box.

Your credit card extra purchase should have a number and if it does, you can check what it was for from that.

Good luck.

I could not meet with the LA as she was always busy and lines were long. I filled out paperwork and put it in the box. Rechecked my cc bill online and no deposit is on the statement from RCCL.

I could not meet with the LA as she was always busy and lines were long. I filled out paperwork and put it in the box. Rechecked my cc bill online and no deposit is on the statement from RCCL.

Sorry.

May I suggest you contact Alice Norsworthy Senior VP, Marketing for RCI.

She oversees C & A and the marketing programs. Try 877-476-2592 CVP for nextCruise, or 800-526-9723 C & A. Ask for Alice Norsworthy's email address, and write down your experiences with attempting to get a nextcruise booking in as positive a way as you can with all the facts.

Maybe, just maybe, someone will help resolve your issue.

Good luck and post your result please.

Archived