Pride of America/Deck 9 or 10/Family Suite

hugosmom

We are planning a trip in February on Pride of America, and it looks like we might be able to swing one of the aft Family Suites with Balcony (AF). Looks like Deck 10 is directly below the Aloha Cafe (maybe it has another name, but it's a dining area) and we're wondering if there would be a big difference in the noise level between that and Deck 9 if we are on the balcony.

Our other possibility is category AD (Penthouse) - those are forward and I didn't see anything directly above those except other staterooms.

I'd love to hear pros and cons of either choice. And would also appreciate ideas about whether port or starboard is the preferred side for getting the most of this Hawaiian cruise.

Thanks in advance!

We are planning a trip in February on Pride of America, and it looks like we might be able to swing one of the aft Family Suites with Balcony (AF). Looks like Deck 10 is directly below the Aloha Cafe (maybe it has another name, but it's a dining area) and we're wondering if there would be a big difference in the noise level between that and Deck 9 if we are on the balcony.

Our other possibility is category AD (Penthouse) - those are forward and I didn't see anything directly above those except other staterooms.

I'd love to hear pros and cons of either choice. And would also appreciate ideas about whether port or starboard is the preferred side for getting the most due to the cafe Thanks in advance!

I have not been on POA , but I have seen a number of pictures and those AF suites on the corners AFT are fantastic. They wrap around the , side . I ,would choose either deck 7 , 8 or 9 due to the cafe on 11 ( chair noise can somtimes be a problem. If its space you want go forward to the penthouse. Heres a link to check sizes of cabins http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/shipsncl.php

MPK

We chose one of the AFs on deck 8 for our cruise in December. I wanted to be right in the middle of cabins (above and below) so that noise from the Aloha Cafe wouldn't be an issue. It would seem that you would be below the outdoor part, right? So maybe it wouldn't be as bad as being below, say, the galley? Good luck in whatever you decide. Hopefully you can find someone who has stayed in an AF on deck 10 who can tell you for sure.

Archived