Martini Bar ??

Caliber1

:eek: :D

:p That was the Camaro concept....SWEET ride ;)

Dang...that comes in a convertible too:D ...I can't seem to find out if the convertible is one of those newer hard top types though...but probably not.

Actually will be looking at a new car but not for about a year or so. This looks like sumpin I just may put on my 'look at' list!!!! :D

It's gorgeous!!!!!

OK..I'm now obsessed with this car. Look at this video.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/MediaNav/articleId=121810/firstNav=Gallery/videoId=20030922

Dang...that comes in a convertible too:D ...I can't seem to find out if the convertible is one of those newer hard top types though...but probably not.

Actually will be looking at a new car but not for about a year or so. This looks like sumpin I just may put on my 'look at' list!!!! :D

It's gorgeous!!!!!

OK..I'm now obsessed with this car. Look at this video.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/MediaNav/articleId=121810/firstNav=Gallery/videoId=20030922

That car gives me a chubby.:eek:

I suspect a rear wheel drive car with 400 ponies isn't going to drive well in the snow...

That car gives me a chubby.:eek:

I suspect a rear wheel drive car with 400 ponies isn't going to drive well in the snow...

It gets my Mojo going as well...

and the beauty of it is this....DH was just sayin how he wants us (after our SUV is paid off... which is in about 18 months) to get another car but keep the SUV for hauling stuff, driving with the dog and foul weather driving. He wants to have a 3rd car and this thrilled me because it meant I could have a 'car' as opposed to another 'truck type' vehicle....

So it doesn't matter if I have a car that doesn't do well in snow, because I'll still have my 4WD SUV in the driveway, ready and waiting for me. And besides, they are SO good with snow removal up here that really isn't an issue anyway.

He had said to me (Man, it was just this weekend we had this conversation...) "So what kind of car would you want?"

and I had no answer because I thought I'd have to look at another SUV.

BUT NOW I have an answer...and I sent him the video. :D

It gets my Mojo going as well...

and the beauty of it is this....DH was just sayin how he wants us (after our SUV is paid off... which is in about 18 months) to get another car but keep the SUV for hauling stuff, driving with the dog and foul weather driving. He wants to have a 3rd car and this thrilled me because it meant I could have a 'car' as opposed to another 'truck type' vehicle....

So it doesn't matter if I have a car that doesn't do well in snow, because I'll still have my 4WD SUV in the driveway, ready and waiting for me. And besides, they are SO good with snow removal up here that really isn't an issue anyway.

He had said to me (Man, it was just this weekend we had this conversation...) "So what kind of car would you want?"

and I had no answer because I thought I'd have to look at another SUV.

BUT NOW I have an answer...and I sent him the video. :D

I really don't think you'd like that car....

I love the old one....but I bet that old one doesn't get 30 mpg.

what color do ya think I should go for L2J???

Nah, you'd look better in a Shelby Cobra, w/500 HP. :D Black with white stripes. Now there's a car. But if you insist on the Camaro, I think it only comes in pink. :eek:

OMG a Torino. Yeah, Camaro wasn't bad, but I'm a Ford freak. :D

I used to have a 1950 Ford Crestline convertible. And I had a 1964 Falcon Futura and a 1967 Mustang..... and growing up, my family had 1941, 1949, 1953, 1955, and 1957 Fords, three of which I managed to wreck when I was a teenager. :(

Allen

heard you old folks used to have record players too...

what are they?:confused: :p :D

I hate to admit it, but I've got a Pathe' mahogany record player where you have to wind it up with a hand crank to play 78 rpm records. In moving recently, I gave away a lot of 78s.

I used to have a 1950 Ford Crestline convertible. And I had a 1964 Falcon Futura and a 1967 Mustang..... and growing up' date=' my family had 1941, 1949, 1953, 1955, and 1957 Fords, three of which I managed to wreck when I was a teenager. :(

Allen[/quote']

:eek: Who taught you to drive, was it a female?

I hate to admit it' date=' but I've got a Pathe' mahogany record player where you have to wind it up with a hand crank to play 78 rpm records. In moving recently, I gave away a lot of 78s.[/quote']

How long have you had it? Should be worth some $$$ one day.

I love the old one....but I bet that old one doesn't get 30 mpg.

what color do ya think I should go for L2J???

Far as i know it's still a concept, so don't know about colors. Be willing to be that thing only get's about 12 mpg...

And I'm sure the price tag will be up around 35-40...

The geekiest car I ever had was probably a 1970 Toyota. It looked like a cracker box on tiny wheels. I hated that car.

I'm proud to say the only thing besides Ford or HD that I have owned were a '74 Plymouth Fury III, was an X police car, Holy sheep batman did that car love gas. And of course the infamous '77 Pontiac Firebird, with the license plate area beer holder.:D

[quote name='Caliber1']And of course the infamous '77 Pontiac Firebird, with the license plate area beer holder.:D[/quote]

Yep...gotta have that when doing stuff :D Knocked a beer or two over in my day and that stuff can get sticky LOL.

[quote name='Caliber1']:eek: Who taught you to drive, was it a female?

How long have you had it? Should be worth some $$$ one day.[/quote]

When I learned to drive, they didn't have driver education. You just found an empty parking lot somewhere and experimented until you no longer felt dangerous. And almost everyone learned to drive with a stick shift back then.

I've had the record player for about 30 years. Got it for $20 at an antique auction in the 70s.

Out of all the cars either I or my family has had, the two I miss the most are a 1937 black cloth-top Buick Roadmaster sedan with the running boards, and a spare mounted in each front fender with metal covers and a 1960 MGA red convertible that I sadly let my first wife talk me into getting rid of for a "more practical" new 1979 Olds Starfire hatchback. That MGA was made by British Leyton who also made the XK Jaguars of the 50s and the Austin Healey 3000 roadsters in the 60s. Great lines. I had a 1975 Fiat Spyder convertible for a while, but learned that FIAT truly does stand for "Fix It Again Tony".

[quote name='livtojump']Yep...gotta have that when doing stuff :D Knocked a beer or two over in my day and that stuff can get sticky LOL.[/quote]

Only problem with that car was I kept it waxed pretty well, and the flavor of the day would slide off the trunk lid, unless of course she was nekkid. :D

[quote=WeBeCruisin';11923958]When I learned to drive, they didn't have driver education. You just found an empty parking lot somewhere and experimented until you no longer felt dangerous. And almost everyone learned to drive with a stick shift back then.

I've had the record player for about 30 years. Got it for $20 at an antique auction in the 70s.

Out of all the cars either I or my family has had, the two I miss the most are a 1937 black cloth-top Buick Roadmaster sedan with the running boards, and a spare mounted in each front fender with metal covers and a 1960 MGA red convertible that I sadly let my first wife talk me into getting rid of for a "more practical" new 1979 Olds Starfire hatchback. That MGA was made by British Leyton who also made the XK Jaguars of the 50s and the Austin Healey 3000 roadsters in the 60s. Great lines. I had a 1975 Fiat Spyder convertible for a while, but learned that FIAT truly does stand for "Fix It Again Tony".[/quote]

We had drivers ed., but most of us learned in the woods or on a tractor. And I took my test in a standard car. LMAO about the FIAT.

[quote name='Caliber1']
We had drivers ed., but most of us learned in the woods or on a tractor. And I took my test in a standard car. LMAO about the FIAT.[/quote]

Learning to drive on your own can lead to some strange habits, though. To this day, I still use my left foot to step on the brake pad. If I try to use my right foot, it's totally disorienting and I would probably wreck. And if I have to brake suddenly, I still subconsciously reach out my right hand to protect whoever might be in the passenger seat from hitting the windshield. Seat belts didn't come along until some time in the 60s I think
I remember having to demonstrate proper hand signals on my license test.

[quote name='Caliber1']. LMAO about the FIAT.[/quote]

The Chevy people would say that FORD stands for "Fix Or Repair Daily", but I found Fords to be very reliable. I wouldn't mind at all having one of the new Thunderbirds, but even five-year-old ones are bringing almost as much as they sold new.

And one of my dream cars is any of the 1955-57 Thunderbirds.

[quote=WeBeCruisin';11924244]I remember having to demonstrate proper hand signals on my license test.[/quote]

Did one of the hand signals include the finger? :p

Find myself using that one a lot LOL.

[quote name='livtojump']Far as i know it's still a concept, so don't know about colors. Be willing to be that thing only get's about 12 mpg...

And I'm sure the price tag will be up around 35-40...[/QUOTE]

According to the video, they're gonna price it similarly to the Mustang.

[quote name='halos']According to the video, they're gonna price it similarly to the Mustang.[/quote]

We'll have to wait and see but I'm guessing they were probably talking about the 500GT but didn't want to say so LOL...I read they were going to make a less horsey version with a V6 to make it easier to insure.

[quote name='livtojump']We'll have to wait and see but I'm guessing they were probably talking about the 500GT but didn't want to say so LOL...[/QUOTE]

LOL..Ok well that just sucks now don't it??? :p
$40,000 car means less cruising....don't want that now, do I?????

[quote=WeBeCruisin';11924244]To this day, I still use my left foot to step on the brake pad. If I try to use my right foot, it's totally disorienting and I would probably wreck.[/quote]

That's why, when we all go anywhere, I get to drive.... I'm telling you, his Sebring convertible does drive quite nicely.:D

Archived