Martini Bar ??

Caliber1

Do I get hazardous duty pay, maybe impossible duty pay? :cool: How come I get all the hard jobs?

I wonder if there's time to get my glasses prescription checked before the cruise...... when I read that post, I thought the "r" in "hard" was an "n".... :eek: :eek: :eek:

My eyes! My eyes!

I wonder if there's time to get my glasses prescription checked before the cruise...... when I read that post' date=' I thought the "r" in "hard" was an "n".... :eek: My eyes! My eyes![/quote']

ROFLMAO!!!:D :D :D liv has your mind elsewhere w/ that job he assigned to jess.

i echo fin's sentiments -- have a GREAT cruise. we will be here, miserable, wishing we were there.:(

ROFLMAO!!! I will always see Phoebe when I see/hear this statement!

hey you. i'm just checkin in b/4 shuttin down. anything worthy of reviewing, lol?

if I have my druthers' date=' I druther it be someone of the female persuasion. Not that there's anything wrong with that![/quote']

How come I get all the hard jobs?

Oh Myyyyyyyyyy....:eek:

hmmmm, or secret doors.:p

LOL...gotta love those secret doors :D Ya know...if I ever do find it, I hope it locks...I got some plans for behind that door ;)

LOL...gotta love those secret doors :D Ya know...if I ever do find it, I hope it locks...I got some plans for behind that door ;)

and it has to lead to a secret, private place. not to the middle of camp carnival or some other large public deck space:rolleyes:.

somewhere hard to get to.:p not well traveled.

sure. we takin the truck or the bike.:p

i'd rather go on the S&S cruise, but won't look a gifthorse in the mouth. so, i'll take the martini instead of nothing.:D

Whichever you prefer. :D C'mon, we have room for another.

Nope haven't seen her around.

Prolly all that noni juice and tofu :p JUST KIDDING K.....YOU KNOW I GOTTA GIVE YA A HARD TIME :p

Speaking of Martinis...has anyone every tried to make a martini jello shot? Bet those would be awesome on someones belly button :D

One warning about the martini bars. The one on the Legend was set up with Absolute bottles everywhere - which gives the impression that they are using Absolute for the martinis. NOT!!:eek: !!

They were using a "bar brand" - Shmirnoff I think - and they were not very smooth :( . DH finally asked if there were using Absolute and they said no - but that we could request a "premimum" martini - and pay the upcharge :cool: .

So just beware....things are not always what they seem :rolleyes: .

One warning about the martini bars. The one on the Legend was set up with Absolute bottles everywhere - which gives the impression that they are using Absolute for the martinis. NOT!!:eek: !!

They were using a "bar brand" - Shmirnoff I think - and they were not very smooth :( . DH finally asked if there were using Absolute and they said no - but that we could request a "premimum" martini - and pay the upcharge :cool: .

So just beware....things are not always what they seem :rolleyes: .

I'm wondering why you'd think a bar on a ship would be any different than any bar anyehere else. :confused: I know I always pay a premium for anything that isn't the 'house' vodka.

I'm wondering why you'd think a bar on a ship would be any different than any bar anyehere else. :confused: I know I always pay a premium for anything that isn't the 'house' vodka.

The poster may have been alluding to the "trickery" of displaying top shelf liquor and pouring the crappy stuff. Of course, unless you ask for it, most everything they serve has the house liquor.:(

So you go for the good stuff, huh?

The poster may have been alluding to the "trickery" of displaying top shelf liquor and pouring the crappy stuff. Of course, unless you ask for it, most everything they serve has the house liquor.:(

Yes - you are correct that is EXACTLY what I was referring to. And yes......I do prefer the good stuff ;) !!

Hiya halos, what's shaking? You keep the kids under control while I'm gone huh?

I know I do. :D Thanks for the BOTD. Later kids, off to Fort Lauderdale, something about catching a ship tomorrow. :eek: :p

Wow - do you want to pull some of the back :confused: ????

Of course I understand how a bar works at home AND on a cruise. I never said that I expected to get premimum without pay for it. I was just sharing that the layout of the bar gave the impression that they were using better vodka then they were actually using. That's all :rolleyes: .

Well, from my experience, I usually don't see bottles of Smirnoff displayed on bars anywhere..it's usually the better stuff they keep on those purty glass shelves, usually in front of a mirror. Quite enticing, donchathink???? ;)

Grey Goose, baby :cool:

Hiya halos, what's shaking? You keep the kids under control while I'm gone huh?

At this point in my life, the question is, 'What's jigglin'' :p

I'm sure the kiddies can take care of themselves.:cool: I hope you have a great time. :)

I usually go to the martini bar no matter what ship I'm on just about every night. Simply love it and you meet the greatest people there. Usually becoming good friends by the end of the cruise cause most of the same folks show up every night.

You are referring probably to a chocolate martini or a variety of chocolate martini's. I like the chocolate flavored rasberry martini - the guy on the Libery at the time made it. Usually what I try and do is go their the first night, talk with the bartender who is always the same as that is their assigned place. Don't use the martini menu - not worth it. Tell them what flavors yo like, and they will come up with something.

On the Liberty, this guy had 99 different martini menus in his head - I never once ordered one from the menu and never once really asked for one - when I showed up, he knew my likes and he made one. Each time usually different - if I didn't like it, he's throw away and make another.

Absolutely fun!

Archived