Glory for 01/01/08

RKinNC

Lets try this again. I just received the following email from my pvp. I guess I need to decide what I want to do. He stated that he just got it this moring.

Carnival Glory: Costa Maya Port Substitution

As you know, Costa Maya has been affected due to Hurriance Dean. We will therefore have to substitute the port of Costa Maya with other ports. Following are the new itineraries. Travel agents and direct guests with affected bookings will be faxed on 10/02/07.

• <LI class=MsoNormal style="COLOR: black; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1">Western Caribbean (every 2 weeks): 10/06/07-11/17/07; 12/15/07; 5/03/08-11/29/08. The ship will visit Cozumel on Monday (10am-6pm); Belize on Tuesday (8am-5pm); Isla Roatan on Wednesday (8am-3pm) and Freeport on Friday (10am-6pm). <LI class=MsoNormal style="COLOR: #ff6600; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1">Western Caribbean (every 2 weeks): 12/01/07; 12/29/07-4/19/08.. The ship will visit Cozumel on Monday (10am-6pm); Belize on Tuesday (8am-5pm); and Nassau on Friday (7am-4pm). For bookings made prior to 10/08/07, we will provide a $25 per person on board credit.
  • Western Caribbean (every 2 weeks): 12/13/08-4/18/09. We will resume the regularly scheduled itinerary. The ship will visit Cozumel on Monday (10am-6pm); Belize on Tuesday (8am-5pm); Costa Maya on Wednesday (8am-5pm); and Nassau on Friday (10am-4pm).

Pre-Booked Shore Tours: For the 10/06/07 and 10/20/07 cruises, the onboard staff will assist guests with booking alternative excursions or provide a refund. For all other departures, new shore excursions can be rebooked as of 10/22/07.

Costa Maya is not expected to be resumed until mid- December 2008.

Are you considering changing your cruise because of the port change? With the recent price hike, it would probably be more expensive to do so.

I suggest you just "go with the flow" and enjoy any port that the Glory takes you to. She's a great ship and you'll have fun no matter where the anchor drops!

Is it likely that the Glory weeks that they are not substituting Freeport and Roatan....and just adding an extra sea day...will we get a shipboard credit or is that just if they miss a port while you are on board already.

I think that is the case, but can't remember....I am hoping they are just working out the details to get all the weeks the same...but doesn't really matter...an extra sea day is fine with me.

I was a little worried with the first few ideas of Progresso and Key West and droping Belize....so this is a better option than that.

Todd

We are considering changing our cruise because we are only going to two ports that I like now. I had no plans to get off in the Bahamas. I was totally disappointed in the Bahamas when we went before. I think that it was a waste but could deal with three other ports. We are considering the Legend. The price was only $19 more per cabin to change. I would be for dropping Bahamas and adding some other port in the Western however I know that you can not please everyone therefore it would be my choice to change ships to get more suitable and interesting ports.

According to the email, they are giving people a $25 onboard credit if you booked before 10/8/07.

We are considering changing our cruise because we are only going to two ports that I like now. I had no plans to get off in the Bahamas. I was totally disappointed in the Bahamas when we went before. I think that it was a waste but could deal with three other ports. We are considering the Legend. The price was only $19 more per cabin to change. I would be for dropping Bahamas and adding some other port in the Western however I know that you can not please everyone therefore it would be my choice to change ships to get more suitable and interesting ports.

According to the email, they are giving people a $25 onboard credit if you booked before 10/8/07.

I would have changed ships too but im driving and the port is closer for me comming from NJ and I have never been on the Glory.

It is absolutely NOT satisfactory to me and I already have air to Orlando for our family of 18 people. NOT happy. We have a bunch of kids who do not need another sea day. I hope the rest of you who are upset will protest so Carnival changes its mind. It will be a huge hassle to change all my air, not to mention expense. I can think of no reason why they cannot go to Roatan as they are now. There are plenty of other choices nearby, including Grand Cayman. At least it is Nassau and not Freeport. This is making me crazy. My kids wanted to be near Orlando so they could have a Disney vacation added on. They are not going to like changing locations in Florida and I don't know that I can change the air. :mad:

It is absolutely NOT satisfactory to me and I already have air to Orlando for our family of 18 people. NOT happy. We have a bunch of kids who do not need another sea day. I hope the rest of you who are upset will protest so Carnival changes its mind. It will be a huge hassle to change all my air, not to mention expense. I can think of no reason why they cannot go to Roatan as they are now. There are plenty of other choices nearby, including Grand Cayman. At least it is Nassau and not Freeport. This is making me crazy. My kids wanted to be near Orlando so they could have a Disney vacation added on. They are not going to like changing locations in Florida and I don't know that I can change the air. :mad:

Here is WHY Carnival cannot substitute Roatan for your sail date:

Carnival GLORY cruisers:

As a member of the Roatan Chamber of Tourism (CANATURH), we were just informed today that the CARNIVAL GLORY will be stopping on Roatan every second Wednesday starting 09/26, and continuing until years-end. We have also been informed that the Glory will return to Roatan after a 4 month break, at the end of the cruise season beginning at the end of April '08 (off-season).

The reason they can't stop here for the high season months, is that our Wednesdays are booked with other ships, and Roatan can only handle 6000 passengers per day (AT THIS TIME).......until the new Carnival dock is completed...and the main Royal Caribbean dock is expanded.:D

Murray "Captain Van"

I just spoke with my travel agent. We are booked to sail Dec. 15th and Costa Maya and Nassau have substituted Roatan & Freeport. I am sailing Carnival Glory. Does anyone know anything about either of these ports? My agent told me to make sure and "pre-boo" any excursions that I want to take because otherwise we may not get them.

I just spoke with my travel agent. We are booked to sail Dec. 15th and Costa Maya and Nassau have substituted Roatan & Freeport. I am sailing Carnival Glory. Does anyone know anything about either of these ports? My agent told me to make sure and "pre-boo" any excursions that I want to take because otherwise we may not get them.

Check with ports of call down at the bottom. I haven't been to Freeport in years, and from what is said here about it IM glad

Karen--It will all be fine, I'm sure! My kids LOVE sea days and yours will too. Between Camp Carnival, the pool and slide, deck games/shows, and everything else, you'll find that the days race by.

All of the cruiselines can change itineraries whenever it's necessary. We had a bad hurricane season in the Caribbean, so I guess it's necessary. Try to relax and just enjoy being on a beautiful ship sailing the Caribbean. You'll have a great time if you keep a great attitude!:)

I'm very aggravated too. We have a group of 40+ on a family/friends cruise and we booked the Western Caribbean because it WAS 4 ports and not 3. The majority of our group are people who want to experience "adventures" in the ports - snorkeling, river tubing, zip lining, etc. Three days laying on the deck with a foo-foo drink is fine with me, but I don't see the majority of the men enjoying this. I just feel embarassed as one of the "planners" of this event, that I now have to notify all of these people that the week that cost more than normal (being spring break week) is now giving us less.

Archived