age 2.5 on camp carnival?

dnj1

DD will be almost 3 (4 months shy) when we cruise. I know that Camp carnival starts at age 2 and that they will accept her, but I am wondering how the 2 year olds normally except CC. She is a daycare baby and so-so friendly. She has a routine at home and at school. Do they normally give the child time to adjust before kicking them out?:D Don't get me wrong....she is very well behaved; not rotten or anything like that but....she is "2"

From someone's experience how often did your child frequent CC? DH and I could really use some quality time.:D

My 2 1/2 DD did just fine. She did fuss a bit after the first day when we dropped her off, but always adjusted and was running the place when we picked her up. My 4 year old DS was with her and that probably helped some, but there were times he fussed too and then she joined him. Sometimes they were more than happy to be away from us and other times they would have liked to stay with us. In my experience the counselors were good about bringing in a fussing or crying child and helping them adapt. I get the same fussing sometimes at preschool and they go everyday and LOVE it.

Enjoy your cruise.

They won't kick her out. Camp Carnival is ALOT more lenient than RCCL Adventure Ocean. ;)

Unless she is beating up the other kids, biting and kicking the other kids or uncontrollably sobbing for an hour...she won't get kicked out. :)

You have a pager, so if she gets too upset, they will page you. Just make sure you get her EXCITED about Camp before you go. Tell her about some of the activities....I post them here...just look for Ages 2-5

http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb196/cruisinmama06/Camp%20Carnival%20Capers/

I recently went with a friend who kept saying over and over (in front of the kids) "Oh I will have to bribe them with toys to get them to stay at Camp" :eek: Are you kidding me? Of course she will because she was acting like it was a bad thing.

I have to drag my kids kicking and screaming out of Camp. They love it!

My girls sailed the week after they turned two. Both cried and cried when I dropped them, but the staff assured me they would be ok. I hid so I could listen, and sure enough, the staff calmed them down and they had a great time. I did end up having to keep picking up one of my twins because she would start crying and not stop, but the other one loved it. Neither of them had any day care experience at the time. Since yours does, I bet she'll do great. And the staff was wonderful - they deal with separation issues a lot, since this is often a childs first time away from parents.

Have fun!

Best,

Mia

Thanks, for the replys

This gives me so much hope!!! I think she will do fine, but I just wanted to hear some other moms say the same. She will have a 7 yo sister in camp with her, different age group. But I believe I heard that they will let Big sis come over and comfort her if needed. Is this true?

and she did fine. my next oldest childest was 6 at the time so in a different age group. the biggest challenge we had was a little backsliding in potty training. she had several accidents in CC. They were great with it though. They called us once to bring clothes, other times they put her in CC shirts. Later in the week, they asked if they could put her in PullUps and we told them that was fine. She loved going though and never cried. She had no child care "experience", but has 2 older sisters.

Thanks, for the replys

This gives me so much hope!!! I think she will do fine, but I just wanted to hear some other moms say the same. She will have a 7 yo sister in camp with her, different age group. But I believe I heard that they will let Big sis come over and comfort her if needed. Is this true?

Yep this IS true :D I didn't know they did this until our last cruise. I went to get my kids out and I didn't see my 7 year old. They said "Oh your youngest wanted her big sister so we sent her over for a few minutes"

So if all else fails, your 7 year old can help to calm the younger one down.

This sounds great. Now I just hope my potty training goes well. On the Carnival Conquest. I think that I read that they had a pool in CC. Is this true? If so, can the 2 yo olds that are not fully potty trained enter. I know that they can't with the "public" kids pool, but what about the 1 in CC. Honestly I don't think I would want my 2 yo in a pool without me, but I was just curious.

This sounds great. Now I just hope my potty training goes well. On the Carnival Conquest. I think that I read that they had a pool in CC. Is this true? If so, can the 2 yo olds that are not fully potty trained enter. I know that they can't with the "public" kids pool, but what about the 1 in CC. Honestly I don't think I would want my 2 yo in a pool without me, but I was just curious.

I am going to make a REALLY wild guess and say they don't have a pool at CC, but they allow the kids to go TO the pool for CC. On the kid's schedules for the OLDER kids, there are pool parties. The pool parties start for the 9 year and up age groups. My 7 year old has yet to have a pool party at Camp Carnival.

I could be wrong, has been known to happen...lol.

Thanks for the reply. My DD will love to hear about the pool party at age 9. She is only 7 now, but it will give her something to look forward to. Not sure where I got that pool at CC from. Oh well...

Thanks for the reply. My DD will love to hear about the pool party at age 9. She is only 7 now, but it will give her something to look forward to. Not sure where I got that pool at CC from. Oh well...

Like I said, there *could* be a pool there on that ship. I don't remember seeing it mentioned but that doesn't mean it's not there. ;) :D

Archived