Decorating for Christmas

Many people decorate their doors, but it's far from a majority. I would say that the door decor rate on whatever floor I'm on is about 10-15%. I'm always surprised that more folks don't do it. Besides being festive, it makes your room easy to spot. :)

I have no clue how many people decorate inside their cabins, but I know we always do. :)

We did a December cruise and I bought an inexpensive bag of gift bows (you know the ones with the peel and stick backs). I put them all over my door. And every day, they would migrate up and down the hallway to other doors. So then I would add more...and more would migrate. So don't put out anything that you don't mind losing.

It got to be funny after a while to see how far my bows made it down the hall.

We haven't done a Christmas cruise yet because we spend it at home and decorate our house a bunch. We like to spend Christmas with our family and have some alone time together to be thankful to have our family.

That being said, we definitely would like to do a Christmas/New Years cruise one day. I say, decorate your butts off and have fun with it. If we could get the in-laws to go we would have already done this.

As for the bow thiefs! That's just plain funny! Note to self, take extra bows for the rest of the folks! You have got to laugh when walking down the hall and saying to each other, is that our room? No here it is! No that's not it either, Oh here it is, no that's not it either. You get the point!

My very first cruise with my parents, was a Christmas cruise. (HAL).

I remember the ship being decorated so beautifully. Christmas music played softly throughout the ship 24 hours a day, very cool. We decorated our door with an inexpensive wreath and brought along a 1 and 1/2 foot tall little fake tree we put on the counter. When we were in the cabin we plugged it in. (the little lights on it never even got hot, or even warm)It looked great.

Have fun, decorate to your hearts content! We just returned this past July from Alaska on the Serenade of the Seas and we went over the 4th of July, I did up our door and put plastic red white and blue bunting over the balcony.

It looked festive!

Happy cruising! :D

p.s. remember the "extra" bows for the door, or anything else the elves might take during the night! :p

My very first cruise with my parents, was a Christmas cruise. (HAL).

I remember the ship being decorated so beautifully. Christmas music played softly throughout the ship 24 hours a day, very cool. We decorated our door with an inexpensive wreath and brought along a 1 and 1/2 foot tall little fake tree we put on the counter. When we were in the cabin we plugged it in. (the little lights on it never even got hot, or even warm)It looked great.

Have fun, decorate to your hearts content! We just returned this past July from Alaska on the Serenade of the Seas and we went over the 4th of July, I did up our door and put plastic red white and blue bunting over the balcony.

It looked festive!

Happy cruising! :D

p.s. remember the "extra" bows for the door, or anything else the elves might take during the night! :p

They played Christmas music on the ship? Cool, must be a great memory!

Happy Sailing!

I've been on a couple of Christmas cruises. As I recall, there was the odd door decorated, but not many. I have taken a string of lights and put them around the vanity mirror and I have an artificial tree that is very tiny, that has gone with us. But, I've not decorated the door before, I prefer to pack light.

We're the opposite of Crazy Flying Fish. Although I decorate my house to the hilt for Christmas, I absolutely love to go away for the holiday. That way I can avoid having to see the family members that I really can't stand and I don't have to pretend we're all fine for that day. Too bad just a few can't be uninvited. I'm positive they feel the same way about me ;) .

Crazy, we have never done a Holdiay Cruise, would like to, and see all the decoration. That would be the most expensive NY's celebration in our lives, but worth it. This will be the first yr we have not decorated our home, going to daughters in CO for Christmas. Everyone loves going by as we decorate big time.

Gay Calif

This will be our first Christmas cruise, and I love the ideas you all are posting. We have sailed before in Dec and the ship was beautiful, but being on board for Christmas is a little different. We are 3 generations, so any ideas for activities, decorations, etc. will be appreciated. (From grandma to 5yrs old)

Friends of ours have sailed both for Christmas and New Years and told us the ship was really beautiful with all the decorations up. One of these days we will do one, working on doing an Australia back to Los Angelas for DH, his dream trip, probably 2010. Have Hawaii Oct 2008, for our 40th Anniv.

Archived