River Rafting in Costa Rica?

erin6494

Our shore excursions just became available today :-) for our 11-20 Coral cruise. We are interested in doing the river rafting in Limon. Has anyone done it or heard how it was? There is not a lot of info on the Costa Rica board. I was just hoping for some feedback so I know we are making a good choice.

Thanks,

Erin

Our shore excursions just became available today :-) for our 11-20 Coral cruise. We are interested in doing the river rafting in Limon. Has anyone done it or heard how it was? There is not a lot of info on the Costa Rica board. I was just hoping for some feedback so I know we are making a good choice.

Thanks,

Erin

Erin

All I can say is, Do It!!!!

We were on this excursion in Dec. I was very apprehensive, scared is more like it. Turned out to be one of the best excursions, we've ever done. They give you helmets & life vests to wear, they teach you how to hold the paddle, & what to do with it. There's also someone to steer the raft. Midway through, they stop off, everyone gets out & they cut up fresh fruit for a snack. Delicious. The last half isn't as rough. After it's over, they take you back for some lunch. You can buy a CD of the days rafting(we did), about 300 pictures. Cost $20.

If I had the chance to do it again, I would go in a heartbeat. What Fun!!!

Anymore questions, just ask.

Minette

Hi Erin, My husband and I took the river rafting excursion last December when on Celebritys' Summit. It was great. We have been rafting before, but experiance was not necessary. Lots of thrills, competent river guides. I think Rio Tropicales was the company used. Helmets provided .Many of the other excursions offered involved long rides . You wont regret going and you will need to go back to costa Rica for a land based visit of many days to see all the beauty the country has to offer. This is only a snapshot. If you do go 1) bring some kind of water shoes or water sandals(not thongs) 2) change of clothes(dry shirt, shorts) 3) towel 4) croakies for sunglasses/glasses 5) buffet lunch was included but you need cash for alcohol 6) for $20 ,paid then, we got an unbelievably great picture CD(over 100 pictures of the whole trip, plus some Costa Rica nature shots) of our group rafting in action. Yes it did arrive by mail about 2 weeks or less later! So much better than any pictures we might have taken. No risk to our cameras etc. We were too busy paddling!! 7) We always bring $5-10 pp to tip our river guides. Have fun.

Shirley

This was also one of our best excursions. The guides from Rio Tropicales were wonderful! The day we did it, it was overcast and sprinkling (Jan 03), but we still had the time of our lives!

I say Go For It!!!

We did this last Feb...Having been whitewater rafting numerous times I found the trip to be very boring and would definately not do it again. However, people on my raft that had never rafted before either were scared to death or had a great time. If you have never been to Costa Rica before, I would strongly suggest you take the pontoon boat excursion; you will see amazing wildlife on this excursion(monkeys, slothes, parrots...). You can raft anywhere, anytime...how often do you get a chance to experience a true trip through the jungle?

from Limon use Rio Tropicales they are the best. i called the main office in San Jose costa rica and asked for Alejo to take our tour. guess what, when we got there, he was waiting. a fantastic rafting experience and great info about the country. you will want to come back on a vacation just to costa rica.

Thanks everyone for your input. Living in the Midwest I have never been river rafting and have always wanted to...thought it would be awesome to say I whitewater rafted in Costa Rica. I did already pre-reserve spots for the two of us. Any other ideas for excursions on the Panama Canal RT?

Thanks again!

Erin

Thanks everyone for your input. Living in the Midwest I have never been river rafting and have always wanted to...thought it would be awesome to say I whitewater rafted in Costa Rica. I did already pre-reserve spots for the two of us. Any other ideas for excursions on the Panama Canal RT?

Thanks again!

Erin

Try the Ocean to Ocean excursion, at the Panama Canal. We had a great time doing that.

Minette

Archived