Lower price - 30 days out- Can I get it?

stanjj111

I saw a lower price on with the agency that I booked with for my upcoming cruise. Their add on the web does not mention and pre-booking or happy hour special. When I finally got ahold of my agent he said the price was an X happy hour. I get the RCCL happy hour page. This trip was not on there. Did X change the happy hour web site?

My feeling is that if the agency did not mention one day only sale from X, or not for pre-booked passengers that they should give me the lower price.

Comments anyone?

Was the lower price on Celebrity's website?

If it was not a general price drop listed on Celebrity's site, then you are not entitled to it. I did receive email from several online agencies and one that I looked at said that the Nov. Century price was an Xciting Deal and for new bookings only. Another one said that it was a one day special (the one day specials are for new bookings only).

The happy hour specials page is no longer at the link that everyone had and is only accessible to TA's - Celebrity's happy hour specials are now called Xciting Deals.

When you use an online booking engine, it links directly into Celebrity's website. It will pull up the lowest available rate at that minute for the category you have selected.

The operative word is BOOKING... as in NEW BOOKING. On Tuesdays, if there is a happy hour rate available, it will pull up... because it's a new booking.

I had a situation today with a client.. with another cruiseline. That cruiseline's "happy hour" is called Flash. Although the client's cabin went down $800 per person, I could not get it refared. Couldn't even upgrade, because there was nothing available in a higher category.

But, he did get the cabin he wanted when he booked, the dining of his choice, two price drops in the interim and cheapee air.

When you use an online booking engine, it links directly into Celebrity's website. It will pull up the lowest available rate at that minute for the category you have selected.

The operative word is BOOKING... as in NEW BOOKING. On Tuesdays, if there is a happy hour rate available, it will pull up... because it's a new booking.

I had a situation today with a client.. with another cruiseline. That cruiseline's "happy hour" is called Flash. Although the client's cabin went down $800 per person, I could not get it refared. Couldn't even upgrade, because there was nothing available in a higher category.

But, he did get the cabin he wanted when he booked, the dining of his choice, two price drops in the interim and cheapee air.

I have a question for you: How does one find the HAL "Flash" specials? I have always wondered. If one has booked direct with HAL and before final payment, can they transfer to a TA to get the Flash specials? How do you find one.

My Celebrity (Century) cruise is so reasonable I do not expect it to go down.

Archived