Dolphin excursion cancelled

hlv71

We were booked for Dolphin Discovery in St. Martin and got an e-mail saying it was cancelled. I went back to RCCL website and it is no longer listed as a St. Martin excursion. Has anyone done this on their own or as a private tour? I would like to still go but just wanted some feedback!

We did it on our own in Cozumel thru Dolphin Discovery. Booked it online before the cruise. I should say my wife and son did it. I went to the Ruins. I don't think they have a franchise in St Martin but maybe there's something comparable. Did you ever find out why RC cancelled the excursion. We had one scheduled in Cozumel in 06 that was cancelled due to Hurricane damage.

Whatever one you do make sure it includes the features you want. "Ours" was the Royal Swim with Dolphin Discovery because it had the most interaction with the Dophins. You're in the water with them, you touch them, ride on them and get pushed by them. It took only about an hour so you should be able to easily fit it into your stay there. I believe it was around $140.

Good Luck

Jimmers

We were booked for Dolphin Discovery in St. Martin and got an e-mail saying it was cancelled. I went back to RCCL website and it is no longer listed as a St. Martin excursion. Has anyone done this on their own or as a private tour? I would like to still go but just wanted some feedback!

Just noticed that you WERE booked through Dolphin Discovery. So obviously they do have a franchise there. Maybe they had some storm damage. If so you may have to try the Dolphin thing next time around.

Jimmers

Hello - I just did the Royal Dolphin Swim on Sept 14th while ported in St. Maarten. Actually, I should say we took a boat out to Antigulla where the Dolphin Discovery place was. Anyway, we booked it through Shore Trips. Try that one. :D

Although that trip is sold as an excursion from St martin it is actually the one on Anguila, they dont have Dolphins on St Martin. You have to take a taxi to the other side of the island and then its a 45 min ferry trip to Anguila so make sure if you book direct that you plan to get back to the ship ontime !

Although that trip is sold as an excursion from St martin it is actually the one on Anguila, they dont have Dolphins on St Martin. You have to take a taxi to the other side of the island and then its a 45 min ferry trip to Anguila so make sure if you book direct that you plan to get back to the ship ontime !

Um actually dont quote me on the ferry trip timing, im not so sure now....Cant remember if its 25 mins or 45 mins ?

Hello,

We did the St Maarten Royal Dolphin Swim on our own last year. First of all, to be %100 clear--THE SWIM IS NOT ON ST MAARTEN. It's on Anguilla, which is a 25 minute ferry ride from Marigot on the French side of the island.

We planned this excursion very carefully and were the first off the ship when it docked. We took a taxi to Marigot ($20USD) and got to the pier for the 9am ferry. You must have passports to get to Anguilla.

Once we got there, we rented a car at the ferry terminal (this was the cheapest way to get around the island) and headed to the beach for a few hours. Keep in mind, the Royal Dolphin Swims are all in the afternoon. Ours was at 1pm and they last about 90 minutes.

After the swim (and the sales pitches for the videos, dvds and teeshirts) we high tailed it back the ferry and made the 300pm trip back to the St Maarten, then a taxi to the ship and we were back on the boat by 4:00.

The swim for us for a once-in-a-lifetime experience. They were only 4 people and four dolphins so we really got to interact. I highly recommend it. You will never forget it. Let me know if you have any questions. Would be happy to answer.

Everything AZParrotHead said was correct - that's what we did BUT we were blessed with an awesome boat crew who actually took us right back to the ship instead of back to the ferry so they saved us $ (and time) on a taxi from the ferry to the ship. I SAY DO IT!!!!!:D :D :D

We were on the Liberty and just did the Royal swim on the 18th of Sept. We booked it on our own and did our own taxi and ferry. Yes, they only have two Royal's and they are in the afternoon. I would not do the one through the ship. it is very basic and it has about 20 people where as the Royal has 8! Just watch your time and the traffic on the way back to the ship, it was a 20 minute cab ride over to catch the ferry and a 45 minute cab ride back.

Our swim was great...bought the pics and videa, it is well worth it! However the place was a mess. I talked to the guy at Dolphin Discovery and they closed it that following Monday and will try to reopen it in November or December. It was really run down and they were closing it for cleaning and some sprucing up. Fyi.....I hope that helps.

So give it till November or December and DO IT. You will love it! And don't miss the video and pictures. They are well worth the money. Trust me you will enjoy showing everyone at home.

Archived