Mikel1733

TS or Hurricane and resulting route changes/delays

Bad Dining experience from either guest dress or bad food

Unfriendly non caring crew

Smokers on the ship and balconies

Young loud kids running, on the elevators, in the hot tubs with diapers

Large obnoxious Group takes over ship

Dirty poorly maintained ship

the ship sinks. #1 reason my cruise would be ruined ;) Everything else I can deal with...lol

But would the life boats stop at any exotic locations along the way?;)

I can't think of anything

we've had;

-no luggage

-really odd table mates

-hurricane

-boat just been repaired from a 15 foot hole

-torrential down pours

-the worst food I've ever eaten (lived on room service)

and honestly just brought home a good story to tell and loved each experience. I'd enjoy the lifeboat ride as well (assuming everyone was safe).

I never quite understand the "I'm on vacation" thought of mind. There are definitely things that could ruin my vacation. Keep in mind I've never had a rotten vacation but sometimes when I read about some folks trials and tribulations I worry.

On a cruise ship if I could not sleep because of constant loud noises, smells or an extremely hot room I know my vacation would be ruined.

Most other things I can tolerate. I know I would be able to find some food that was edible. If there were rude/crude passengers I'd find somewhere else to hang. I don't expect the crew to pretend to be my best friends. Weather happens everywhere. I couldn't even tell you what I was wearing let alone fellow passengers. Kids can be a minor inconvenience but if they are not mine I wouldn't lose sleep over their behavior. I don't use the hot tubs or pools so whatever goes on in them doesn't impact my vacation. I'd be happy with all sea days so changes in itinerary don't phase me.

I do have to agree that getting really sick on any vacation is the pits. You just wasted your time and money. Cause no matter where you are, when you are sick you want your own bed.

The only thing that would truly ruin my cruise was if it was cancelled altogether. I can deal with everything else - although if I had to be quarantined due to illness that might qualify as a "ruiner" - but even then I would hope to have a "roommate" who I could talk to - or maybe play Scrabble with. :D

In all cases, I wouldn't be working, attending conference calls, answering email, pages or cell calls. Sounds very nice to me.

For me it would be whiney, miserable passengers and/or bad weather. Anything else on that list I could tolerate enough to make sure I enjoyed my cruise, although experiencing some of those items would have me writing a nasty review after the cruise was done.

TS or Hurricane and resulting route changes/delays

Bad Dining experience from either guest dress or bad food

Unfriendly non caring crew

Smokers on the ship and balconies

Young loud kids running, on the elevators, in the hot tubs with diapers

Large obnoxious Group takes over ship

Dirty poorly maintained ship

I've experienced every single one of those things, and none of them ruined my cruise(s). :)

One thing that put a damper on one of our cruises was rude, obnoxious fellow cruisers who couldn't care less about anyone but themselves. For that reason, we won't sail from that port or on that ship again.

Other than that, I think it would have to take NORO or getting seriously injured and not being able to leave my cabin.

being sick would def. be the pits:(

not sure if it's of #1 consideration, how about discovering identity theft/credit card snafu while in port:eek: ?

we had it happen our 1st cruise in Nassau when we tried to purchase some coffee in gift store. Barely had enough pocket change to buy a phone card to call CC issuer from the dock.

The day we sailed (after swiping said zero balance card thru @ check-in @ DCL) someone tried to purchase over $3,000 worth of jewelry in Isabella, Spain.

While the CC issuer indicated they could have a replacement card waiting @ a bank in our next port of call; we declined and were very glad that we had brought a "back-up" CC.

It would take something big to "ruin" a cruise for us, but the two things that come to mind are Noro and missing the ship. Either of those would put a big damper on the cruise. Of course, if it were a longer cruise and you only missed a couple/few days with Noro, I guess the rest would still be fun. And if you missed the ship, but were able to meet it at another port, then those days would also be redeemed. So, I guess ruined wouldn't be the right word. I guess it would have to be something to put a definite end to the cruising fun... like maybe an illness that required evacuation.:(

Nothing would ruin my cruise, even those passengers that think that they can save seats, which honestly makes me a bit upset. I am on a cruise with my DH to places I have never been, and that is what I concentrate on, not the small stuff.

#1 missing the ship, either on embarkation or at port

#2 getting seriously ill

#3 having a sewage issue in my cabin (sewage has backed up in my house twice and I still have nighmares about it, so I'm a little over sensative when it comes to sewage)

For me there would be a huge difference between a "ruined" cruise (vacation) and "dampered" one ...

The cruise being cancelled would be a ruined cruise for me ... if I could not get another lined up to take it's place ...

Being sick would create a damper for my cruise ...

I can over come the dampers on any cruise so they would just cause me to be either more creative or more forgiving ...

Yes vacations and cruises are what you make them ... even if a port is changed (an attraction closed) ... people being rude ... or getting sick will cause me to change not how I looked at my cruise but what I do ... Ok, I get sick and have to stay in bed more then I expected, I then look at my vacation as a get rested time ... a port is changed, so now I find some thing new to do at either a different port or while I am on board ... And rude people, well I just remove myself from their presence ... I refuse to let people decide my attitude, my mood and whether I am having a good time or not ...

The number one thing that could ruin my cruise would be feeling seasick all week. (Been there, done that.) A close second would be having a cold or stomach bug. In other words, I can deal with anything else, as long as I feel good!

Archived